What happened to the First Federation?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by dave2770, Oct 22, 2009.

1. dave2770

dave2770 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

How come we never saw them again?
    They became allies, they had a massive ship that could easily have done alot of damage to the dominion, borg, and
    it they were just useful.

I dont see why no one saw them ever again, it is ridiculous, they really could have helped out the federation!

2. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Turns out they were the Ferengi.

3. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Maybe they decided to keep to themselves and decided not to be involved with galactic affairs? It's not canon but the Starcharts suggest that the Federation has placed warning beacons around the First Federation's territory.

4. I am not Spock

I am not Spock Commodore Commodore

^ I like that theory. They could have just been highly xenophobic, like the Sheliak. And withdrawn from galactic politics altogether.

5. dave2770

They could have helped alot with the wars and whatnot.

Also, how come the vulcans and other races never helped fight the war? but lets not get off topic, im still wondering why we never saw the first federation again..

their ships were ridiculously huge

6. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It was dismantled after word got out to the Federation Department of Community Services that children were driving around starships.

7. timothy1701

timothy1701 Lieutenant Red Shirt

Well they did fly off with that one guy that Kirk sent with them. He wasn't too on top of things on the bridge of the Enterprise, he probably wasn't on the ball on that giant ship either...probably blew it up by mistake!:lol:

8. apenpaap

apenpaap Commodore Commodore

Maybe they joined the Federation, and their technology (among others) was used to build the Excelsior class.

9. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

We did:

Ambassadors of the First Federation featured in the novel, "TNG: Gulliver's Fugitives".

Mirror Balok was well preserved in Shatner's novel, "Preserver".

Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  10. StarryEyed

StarryEyed Commodore Commodore

It's possible that Balock was a rogue and there is no First Federation. Or they may have a Prime Directive similar to the UFPs.

Another important race that just disappeared was the Tamarians from "Darmok".

11. barnaclelapse

barnaclelapse Commodore Commodore

That would make sense.

12. dave2770

they had huge ships, if only they would show their ships in TNG or DS9, and if they fought alongside the Fed, im sure the fed would beat the dominion.

just look at how huge their ships are

http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/File:Fesarius,_remastered.jpg
    http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/File:Fesarius_Enterprise.jpg

13. mtblillie

mtblillie Captain Captain

Lol well frankly there is a lot of things seen and discussed in TOS that were "cut out" in all the spin offs.

14. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm curious as to why there's assumptions that just because the FF ships are big that they are also powerful, particularly powerful enough to take on Dominion ships that had at least 80 more years to develop technologically.

That's like saying the Spruce Goose could kick an F-14's ass...okay, that was a lame analogy, but you see what I'm getting at.

15. SeerSGB

SeerSGB Admiral Admiral

True.

For all we know the 1st Fed ships like Fesarius were colony ships (my personal theory) and have more defensive than offensive weaponry. After all if the Fesarius could really bring the pain, why mess with towing the 1701 with a shuttle/pilot ship? Just blow her out of the stars and keep on trucking.

16. ToddPence

ToddPence Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well, Balok was Richie Cunningham's real life brother, wasn't he? And we all know about how Richie's other brother mysteriously and abruptly disappeared from TV . . .

17. USS Triumphant

USS Triumphant Vice Admiral Admiral

Thought: wouldn't it be interesting if the First Federation had been a federation of allied species like the Federation we're more familiar with, and they were subsumed into the Federation - and that's where Trill, Betazoids, and a few other species that we know in TNG came from?

Also, TNG ships ARE bigger and more powerful than TOS ships. Maybe this is part of why?

18. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Becuase they were taking Kirk's bluff seriously.

19. LutherSloan

LutherSloan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I go with the theory that they eventually decided not to get involved with the UFP's development. Presumably that one Enterprise officer remained onboard, however.

20. SeerSGB

SeerSGB Admiral Admiral

Which would speak to the ships being less powerful than assumed. Otherwise you would think they could detect that Kirk was full of it, and just smoke the 1701 anyway.