BATMAN 3 RUMOR next Villian??

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by PKerr, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Red Ranger

Red Ranger Admiral In Memoriam

New York City, the greatest city in the world!
    I'd like to see Guy Pearce in some role in a Batman film. As the Riddler, that would be interesting, I think. But I do like the idea of Depp playing the Riddler. I also think Nolan and his collaborators would come up with many interesting ways he could be a more nefarious, far less campy character. I mean, look what they did with the Joker -- took away the Joker venom, killer joybuzzers and such, and made him a frightening terrorist who just used guns, knives, and bombs. -- RR

2. Too Much Fun

Too Much Fun Commodore Commodore

I've been saying since "Batman Begins" that I'd like to see Guy Pearce in one of Nolan's movies again. I believe he could play just about anyone convincingly. I thought he would have made a great Two-Face.

I admired him after seeing "L.A. Confidential" and "Memento" and after "The Proposition" I was even further convinced that this guy is a really great, really underrated chameleon-like actor who really deserves to be better known. I'd love to see him star in another Nolan Batman movie and get the kind of push Ledger's profile got from "The Dark Knight" (except without the dying part, of course).

3. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If I had to choose, I would go with Pearce over Depp. I think that if they did go with Depp it would overshadow Christian Bale, like Ledger's Joker did last time. I don't want the Nolan movies repeating the mistake of the previous Batfilms, of making the villains more interesting than the hero. Batman became interchangeable and the focus was on how eccentric they could make the villains and the big names they got to pick them.

Pearce is well regarded, can play an effective villain, but wouldn't overshadow Bale. The focus of the Batfilm should be on Batman. Also, I think Nolan missed a good opportunity by not making Anthony M. Hall the Riddler in The Dark Knight. I thought he would've been a good one.

4. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Dude, this thread was nearly a fucking year old!