A TrekLit Christmas

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by JD, Dec 25, 2010.

1. Steve Roby

Steve Roby Rear Admiral Premium Member

I don't think I've had any Treklit Christmas gifts since 1976, when my parents bought me a copy of The Star Trek Puzzle Manual around the same time as I bought myself a copy. From then on it was pretty much taken for granted that I'd probably already have bought any Trek book the moment it came out. (Getting two copies was actually a good thing in this case, because it meant I could do all the crosswords, puzzles, mazes, etc, and still have a clean, untouched copy.)

2. OverlordSpock

OverlordSpock Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I, as well, received the Complete Comic Book Collection from Santa. :) I am really looking forward to that!

3. Almost Unique

Almost Unique Lieutenant Red Shirt

For Christmas I got 2 Trek items: SOTL 2011 from a brother-in-law, and the Trek version of the Scene-It game from my wife. Though people got me several things from my amazon wishlist, there was less Trek than I might've expected since more than half of the wishlist is Trek stuff.

4. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Actually, I did get a gift card for Borders Books, so if I buy a Trek book with that, that counts as getting for X-Mas, right? ;)

5. Daddy Todd

Daddy Todd Commodore Commodore

Not exactly gifts, but I got Rough Beasts of Empire and The Edge today from Amazon.com. I can't launch into either one yet, because I have yet to read their predecessors. In fact, I don't think I've read ANY of 2010's Treklit yet. Oh wait, I read Inception as soon as it came out. I simply haven't made time to read any of the rest of 2010's output.

I wonder if there's a connection between those 2 facts? :devil:

6. shanejayell

shanejayell Captain Captain

I bought 'Ships of the Line' as a gift to myself. :)

7. David R. George III

David R. George III Writer Fleet Captain

Just so you know, of the four Typhon Pact novels, Seize the Fire and Rough Beasts of Empire both begin at the end of the Borg invasion, with scenes set earlier than either Zero Sum Game or Paths of Disharmony. Also Rough Beasts ends earlier than all of the other TP tales, and so in a very real sense, my novel is the earliest of the bunch.

8. sfroth

sfroth Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

With the B&N gift card I received for Christmas, I bought myself the ebook versions of Shattered Light and Rough Beasts of Empire. I'm knee deep in DRG3 at the moment.

9. David R. George III

^ And there was much rejoicing!

10. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

The ST action figure collectors' listserv, Playtrek, conducts an annual "Secret Spock" gift exchange and, this year, I helped one of our members locate a Romulan action figure - I had a spare and they were impossible to find in her area - so my own opened Romulan figure assisted in the making of a slideshow documenting the adventures of the mint-on-card figure I sent back to the USA:

http://photopeach.com/album/17vypjf

I was absolutely thrilled that one of the first viewers to leave a comment was paulablock! Coincidentally, her "365" book made a cameo appearance.

11. KingstonTrekker

KingstonTrekker Commander Red Shirt

I received Myriad Universes: Shattered Light....I am currently working my way through the first story.

12. elaithin

elaithin Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I got B&N gift cards - and promptly went out today to buy Myriad Universes: Shattered Light, The Rough Beasts of Empire, and books 2-4 of George R.R. Martin's Song of Ice & Fire. (I've been meaning to pick those up for forever). RBoE is first, since it's a David R. George book. Those always jump to the top of the pile.

13. David R. George III

14. Smellincoffee

Smellincoffee Commodore Commodore

I bought myself Rough Beasts of Empire around the same time as I bought Christmas presents (Thanksgiving week :lol:), and it arrived early in the mail today. I try to limit myself to one Trek book a week, though, so I won't start it until next week. I've already read Seize the Fire this week. ;)