Martians, Nazis, Ghosts and Demons

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Focus Abbey, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Focus Abbey

Focus Abbey Commander Red Shirt

[​IMG]

Since January 2010, Westward has published a full color comic strip every weekday. Westward is a serial space adventure about mankind's first reckless steps into deep space in a starship torn by conflicting agendas and deep conspiracies. Complex and mind-bending, the story is inspired by classic sci-fi but delves into a tangled web of intrigue, revelations and existential horror.

As Westward nears its 1,000th strip, a Kickstarter campaign has been launched to fund its further expansion: The production of not one, but two full color comic strips every weekday. The goal is to tell a parallel story, related to the main Westward storyline but distinct in tone and setting: A post-apocalyptic supernatural family drama.

[​IMG]

If a daily dose of original sci-fi adventure appeals to you, and a double dose appeals even more, check out westwardcomic.com and its October Kickstarter campaign, where you can watch a video explaining more about the project's history and goals. Westward is completely free, and its entire archive of nearly 1,000 strips is open for viewing.

[​IMG]

2. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

This might be moved to an art forum, but I wanted to say, nice work...

3. Focus Abbey

Focus Abbey Commander Red Shirt

I respect your judgement, Borgminister! I posted it in this forum because Westward is original sci-fi published for entertainment, not fan art of an existing franchise. It does make copious use of tropes, but always with a twist as the readers will attest. ;)

4. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

So this isn't a History Channel thread?

5. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

I thought it was going to be one of Readyandwilling's threads.

For a more comedic space opera that still deals with "big idea" science, check out Schlock Mercenary. It's a great webcomic that publishes 7 days a week. Been reading it for a couple years now.