SW Choices of One.

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Yevetha, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Yevetha

Yevetha Commodore

[​IMG]

Eight months after the Battle of Yavin, the Rebellion is in desperate need of a new base. So when Governor Ferrouz of Candoras Sector proposes an alliance, offering the Rebels sanctuary in return for protection against the alien warlord Nuso Esva, Luke, Leia, Han, and Chewie are sent to evaluate the deal.
    Mara Jade, the Emperor's Hand, is also heading for Candoras, along with the five renegade stormtroopers known as the Hand of Judgment. Their mission: to punish Ferrouz's treason and smash the Rebels for good.
    But in this treacherous game of betrayals within betrayals, a wild card is waiting to be played.

Coming out In July 19.

Discuss.

2. -Brett-

-Brett- Vice Admiral Admiral

Mara Jade's character arc has more than played itself out. I don't see that there's any need to add more.

3. Yevetha

Yevetha Commodore

Zahn only does stuff with his own characters for some reason.

4. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Ugh, who the hell did the cover art? :eek:

5. Yevetha

Yevetha Commodore

I dont know, but its better than Ruins of Dantooine.

link to image

(ixnay on the hotlinking)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2011
  6. Blip

Blip Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

FML that's awful! Mind you, neither Trek nor 'Wars books have had any decent quality covers for some time now, IMO.

And I'm including the new Plagueis (sp) novel in that - the pose on Palps just looks wrong.

7. scnj

scnj Captain Captain

Well, I have 115 Star Wars adult paperbacks, so there's no way I'm going to stop collecting now, but realistically, Zahn hasn't written anything good since Survivor's Quest and nothing great since The Last Command. I always give him credit for properly kicking of the EU, but he's been surpassed by the likes of Matt Stover and Troy Denning.

8. Yevetha

Yevetha Commodore

Its not worth reading unless you read Allegience.

9. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I found Allegiance to be pretty average, so I'm not going to bother throwing money at this (gladly Allegiance was a gift so it didn't cost me anything either). Thanks to Wookiepedia if I want to I can fill in the gaps of what happened.

One book covers I've liked the FotJ covers.

10. Yevetha

Yevetha Commodore

The primary reason i await this is because its not post-Lotf.

They went into the wrong direction completly.

11. Base_Delta_Zero

Base_Delta_Zero Commodore Commodore

I'll read it, I guess. Zahn's my favorite EU author and I like the movie era stories, but I don't see why we couldn't get a book that didn't involve pro- and antagonists that can't die or even be seriously injured.

Why not have a story about Jade and some cool original Rebel scum, who can, you know, be put in jeopardy? Kind of like those Darth Maul books/comics where you know he's not going down, but everyone else is fair game (and mostly destined to be lightsabered).

12. Yevetha

Yevetha Commodore

He for some weird reason only works with his, Stackpoles and movie characters.

Dont ask me why.

He is not comfortable with other peoples characters.

13. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

Maybe he doesn't read any of their stuff?

14. Yevetha

Yevetha Commodore

Travis used his character well without reading his books.

He just does it for some reason.

I am certainly wery excited about a story in the the Unknown Regions.

15. Jono

I disagree with that, but I have no problem with jumping back into the GCW. Still hoping they'll do a novel or three that focuses on the final major campaign of the GWC that culminates in the Battle of Anx Minor. Something along the lines of The Black Fleet Crisis.

16. Yevetha

Yevetha Commodore

I have problem with the everything in the timeline post Dark Nest with the exception of the Legacy comics and the Kemp novel.

There was a new Wraith book along those lines but Allston had to put it post-FOTJ.

17. Jono

I haven't read anything that said that X-Wing: Mercy Kill was ever anything but set post-FOTJ.

18. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

It's probably modeled on the kind of thing we saw with Vader in TESB. Palpatine wasn't always the Master.

19. Yevetha

Yevetha Commodore

I could dig up the link if i wasnt too lazy.

Originally it was supposed to involve the Battle of Orinda.

20. Jono

It still could. Allston has said that while it is primarily set post-FotJ some of it will jump back to the Wraith's earlier adventures, which might have involved Orinda if the Wraiths were involved in that battle.

Even if Allston did do a book on the Battle of Orinda, that wouldn't stop me whinging about getting a Imperial final campaign novel/s.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2011