"Castle" season 4 begins tonight

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Neroon, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've actually pretty much come to the conclusion that Captain Gates has been a pointless character so far. I get the need to be different than Montgomery was, he was like a father figure to the gang, but at least he also interacted and they consulted with him a lot. Unlike some others in the thread, I have happened to like Gates, but so far she is a non factor in the season. Perhaps that will change as we get closer to May.

2. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Last week on The Mentalist there were a couple of recognizable guest actors and sure enough one of the two was the killer. When you see a recognizable guest actor it isn't hard to figure out whodunnit. It's almost always that actor that's the killer.

3. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

I've only even heard on one of those shows (NCIS), and I don't watch it. Oh well.

4. I Grok Spock

I Grok Spock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yeah, I was looking forward to her as a foil for Castle - someone who had no tolerance for his BS. However, after a promising start, she softened up a bit on Rick, and now she's seems to have been sidelined. Granted, there's only 42 minutes per week to fit in all the recurring characters, but I'm hoping the writers haven't abandoned the character.

5. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

6. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

Hellz to the Yeah!

7. cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles A GODDAMN DELIGHT Moderator

Awesome! Hopefully we'll get a couple good Firefly in-jokes out of it. :D

8. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

They better.. we are apparently not getting a Castle/Beckett couple anytime soon so all that's left is the humor and this one is such a gold mine it would be a tragedy to let it go to waste.

I so wish i were on set when they first meet up again.. those two were hilarious on Firefly :lol:

9. Admiral_Young

Yeah...I still maintain we could finally see Caskett happen around finale time, I'd not be surprised if they did a huge cliffhanger like last year around it. Kate's emotional wall has fallen way more this year, than in previous seasons. She knows how Rick feels about her, even though she hasn't acknowledged it yet. I'm actually surprised we've not had too many episodes on the JB murder case. I'm guessing they're waiting to go back to this in the latter half of the season.

Adam Baldwin should be great.

10. Admiral_Young

11. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Sweet. The first one was pretty good. New episodes must come on soon... the wait is agonizing :p.

12. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Curiously enough i'm not into Castle withdrawal.. earlier this season i couldn't wait for the next episode but since new years i have cooled off considerably.. i look forward to every episode but to be honest i think Castle is treading water right now.. nothing moves forward significantly and if the producers think small moments for the fans and shippers are enough to keep them on board they may be in for a rude awakening.

13. Admiral_Young

^ I agree with this. I have admitted earlier in the thread, that it is mainly the shipper aspect of the series that has drawn me in in the first place, with the Joanna Beckett overarc a secondary reason (mostly because it ties in with Beckett and no doubt will have some kind of consequence for Caskett since Rick is involved in the investigation and has been protecting Kate) and have to agree that they've almost gone out of their way to not touch on the JB case this season which is strange. Especially with everything that went down in the finale and the teases this season. I'm glad for the hiatus...hopefully when it comes back, the march to the finale will rectify things.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
  14. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Just popping in to say that I'm a with Christopher on the whole Caskett thing. I really dislike it. I would prefer to use the character's full names.

15. Admiral_Young

Yeah...and as we discussed already on that topic, you guys refer to them by their names and I'll continue to refer to them as Caskett :) The other thing that I forgot to add, that drew me into the series, is the humour and the fact that this show doesn't take its self too seriously.

I will concede that this season has been "off" compared to the first three seasons. I don't know why this is. It seems to me that we've had a lot of self contained episodes this year, with some occasional seeding of plot, and teasing of Rick and Kate. There is still a ton of stuff to cover and address this season. It should be an interesting couple of months.

16. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

That's what I like about it too. I'm not usually into these kind of shows.

17. Admiral_Young

^ I'm not really into buddy cop shows or crime shows in general myself, but "Castle" is an almost kind of satirical take on it which I've enjoyed immensely. I just hope the march to May (no pun intended) is as good as last year was!!

18. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

Too bad (or not) they didn't have these name contraction thingies when Moonlighting and Cheers were on the air.

Mavid? Daddy? Eee.

Siane? Dam?

Yoiks.

19. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Heck, why not take it further back? Romiet? Tressida? Evam?

20. Admiral_Young

^ That's the spirit! Normally I'd be with you guys on the name thingy...but as a shipper fan, I've become kind of fond of Caskett :shrug: