Agents of SHIELD. Season 1 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Trekker4747, Sep 25, 2013.

1. DEWLine

DEWLine Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

No, but we've been seeing his work on all those screens since episode one. Figure he'd be good for at least one poster design.

2. Enterprise1701

Enterprise1701 Commodore Commodore

I'm eager to see Skye's S.H.I.E.L.D. identification and find out what her surname is. I think of this show and Coulson, May, Ward, Fitz, and Simmons in my head but just "Skye" for Skye. It bothers me.

3. DEWLine

I don't think she's entirely sure of her own birthdate yet, right?

4. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

It's possible that's a plot twist. I think it's been said that Skye isn't her real name.

Her badge doesn't have anything written on it, according to screencaps, though.

5. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

Skye Doe...?

6. Enterprise1701

Well if she's an orphan who's been in the legal system then she's got to have some first and last name, right?

7. Alidar Jarok

She erased her entire history. I would imagine that included her name. Skye is her new name.

8. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

S.H.I.E.L.D. would have copied those files years ago into her S.H.I.E.L.D. file before they were erased Child Protective Services... Besides, they still would have hard copies in redundant warehouses that Skye wouldn't have been able to take care of.

9. Alidar Jarok

I don't think SHIELD knew what happened to her. I thought the team that rescued her covered their tracks so no one could find her (had it set so she moved from orphanage to orphanage every couple of years, etc.). So I'm not sure there is a hard copy anywhere.

10. Enterprise1701

Well Coulson found the hard copy or a photocopy of the original drop-off papers didn't he?

11. DEWLine

Sounds about right.

12. DEWLine

On another note:

Would this suggest usage of stock footage of the USS John C. Stennis?

13. Alidar Jarok

My memory is admittedly fuzzy. I think she had the record of the agent who dropped her off. He tracked down SHIELD's record and that she died. I'm not sure if that included Skye's name or not. Aside from that, there was no record. It was the live witness who knew she was an 0-8-4, for example.

Like I said, I could be wrong, but that's my understanding.

14. kitik

kitik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

15. kitik

kitik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

So, I just got back from The Winter Soldier. LOVED IT.

For the people in this thread who were wondering if they could watch the rest of the season of Agents of Shield without seeing The Winter Soldier, here's how I see it:

And I'll start by saying that obviously I have no idea exactly how the rest of the season of Agents of Shield will play out, but I would strongly, STRONGLY recommend watching The Winter Soldier before watching the remaining episodes of Agents of Shield. Maybe you won't need to, but it seems like it would be a really good idea.

You might be able to get away with watching next week's episode without watching The Winter Soldier, but honestly, I sure wouldn't count on it.

But like I said, we don't know exactly how the next 6 episodes will go, and I suppose there's a small chance they'll steer clear of The Winter Soldier. I tend to doubt it though.

16. .:: TSN ::.

.:: TSN ::. Captain Captain

You can probably watch Agents of Shield without watching Winter Soldier, but I suspect that AoS will pretty much spoil how Winter Soldier ends and whatkind Marvel Universe will be at the end of Winter Soldier.

I actually feel that watching Winter Soldier before this weeks episode was better experience than would have been watching it in right order. Noticed more things about episode that might have otherwise missed.

17. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

The general message seems to be it "bookends" the film but no spoilers either way.

18. .:: TSN ::.

I would say that SHIELD destroyed and Fury away is a spoiler. Sure, it doesnt exactly tell how SHIELD is destroyed in the movie and maybe Fury is just not mentioned anymore in the series, but it will still tell that movie doesnt exactly end in status quo restored.
    And if SHIELD continues to exist in the series without any mention of what happened then I'm disappointed. Also Coulson was very adamant couple of episodes ago to find out answers from Fury. So if this isnt handled in some way then its just bad storytelling.

I'm hoping for Maria Hill being appointed director of the new and improved SHIELD and maybe getting bigger role in the 2nd season.

19. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

I haven't seen the film yet, but I suspect that they'll write the show around it in such a way as to compartmentalize our heroes' situation...make the show its own little microcosm of what's going on in SHIELD.

20. .:: TSN ::.

I really recommend everyone to watch the movie as soon as possible :)

Btw. At which point is it allowed to talk about what happens in TWS without spoiler code in this thread? After next weeks episode?