Most Attractive Female

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Bry_Sinclair, Sep 7, 2013.

?

Who is the most attractive main/recurring character in TOS?

Poll closed Sep 30, 2013.
  1. Christine Chapel

6 vote(s)
    6.7%
  2. Janice Rand

25 vote(s)
    27.8%
  3. Nyota Uhura

59 vote(s)
    65.6%
  1. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

I thought she was gorgeous, but watching the episode again, her character wasn't exactly the smartest one we've ever seen on TOS.

For a trained psychiatrist, it's hilarious how utterly UNperceptive she is about all the odd and suspicious behavior going on in the penal colony (which naturally only Kirk seems able to pick up on). She just blindly accepts every little excuse and explanation Dr. Adams gives them. :p

2. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

^Not to mention that it's grossly unethical for a therapist to hypnotize a patient into believing the two of them had a sexual relationship.

3. Mario de Monti

Mario de Monti Captain Captain

But then again, ethics may change in the next 250 years ;)

4. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

^This is nothing to make light of. If we saw a male therapist doing that to a female patient, we'd clearly see it for the sexual assault it was. But because of our cultural double standards and prejudices, we treat the idea of women sexually violating men as if it were a joke -- although men who've been victims of such things in real life could tell you that nothing could be further from the truth. One hopes that in the future, such double standards would be gone and we'd be just as intolerant of therapists sexually exploiting their patients regardless of their respective genders.

5. Mario de Monti

Mario de Monti Captain Captain

I wholeheartedly agree with you, and these double standards you´re talking about have been bothering me for years. In reality, as well as on TV / in movies.

My little comment was not meant seriously as the ";)" was supposed to indicate.

Mario

6. JRS

JRS Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Uhura:cool: