Poor Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru... Oh Well!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Albertese, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

2. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

3. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

^^ I wonder if they have a comics section.

The last time I saw a movie at a Drive-In was in the early 80s, somewhere around Hartford. They do still exist, but they are rare.

I will grant you that the early 80s were probably an interesting time to be a teenager. It was certainly an interesting time to be a young adult out on his own for the first. time. :angel:

Yeah, I would hope that anybody would make the most of their teenage years no matter what era they are born into.

4. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

I wonder if investigators thought this was a house of death when they discovered unmarked graves of Anakin's mother (by the time of ANH), and her husband?

5. TREK_GOD_1

On that note, how conveinent it was for George Lucas to have Jedi fall so easily in the Order 66 scenes, yet Obi-Wan and Yoda slaughter an entire company of clones outside the Jedi temple without a scratch. Similarly, in Return of the Jedi, Luke slaughtered an boatload of Jabba's armed killers, and barely recieves some artificial skin shot off of his hand.

6. CorporalCaptain

Stop! Please, stop! You're making too much sense!

7. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

The difference is that Obi-Wan and Yoda weren't taken by surprise or caught between clones and droids. They went in knowing what they were facing. Not to mention these are two of the most skilled Jedi, who both survived Order 66 in the first place.

8. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

Blame my copy editor!

:scream:

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I believe that there are supposed to still be thousands of Jedi by the time of the prequels, so if somewhere between 50-200 members of The Order did survive, that is a very small percentage of it's membership. And I believe that most of the survivors were on the outskirts of the Republic, so they probably had to deal with a lot less Clones.

10. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Of course some Jedi survived Order 66 and the Clone Wars. It's ridiculous to think that every Jedi alive was taking part in those final battles. Maybe some Jedi were home sick with the flu, maybe some were recovering in a hospital, maybe some were sitting around bored on some space station light years away in case of a desperate Separatist counter attack, maybe some got lucky and fought off the clones (like Yoda and Obi-wan), etc.

11. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't remember who, but I know I read on Wookiepeida that at least one Jedi survived because he commanded a group of local aliens instead of clones.

12. TREK_GOD_1

Ki-Adi Mundi was on the Jedi Council, so he was a master like Kenobi & Yoda. From that status, we can reasonably conclude he was a master swordsman, with master level power to detect disturbances and recieve visions of the future....unless the plot erases that power when convenient.

Back to the Jedi, Luke was not fully trained when attacking Jabba's killers, and certainly did not have the lightsaber fighting experience, yet he mowed them down like a bowling ball.

13. CorporalCaptain

Yeah, Master Beldar went down too easy.

14. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't think we should assume all Council members are at an equal level of ability.

The ones who went up against Sidious in ROTS basically sucked.

15. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

... Or unless his Force specialty was writing really, really groovy poetry.

16. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

There once was a Jedi named Mundi,
    who fought really well just on Sunday.
    The rest of the week
    he fought really weak
    And Order 66 was on Monday.

17. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Also, Ki-Adi Mundi was the only one (aside from Yoda) in that entire montage who sensed anything was up with his clones. If his Force skill is that, he should have been able to put up one hell of a better fight than he did.

18. Beagleman

Beagleman Commodore Commodore

Awesome! :lol:

19. InklingStar

InklingStar Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Obligatory:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtAL63nkohk&sns=em[/yt]

20. TREK_GOD_1

Then what are they doing on the Council? Even Padawan Obi-Wan seemed to be stronger in various Force abilities than Mundi.

that's bad, convenient writing from Lucas. They all stood there, ignited lightsabers becasue they expected a fight from a Sith, yet they were caught off guard when Sidious lands in front of them? Not one tried to leap over the enemy (just about every Jedi does that, including trainee Luke in TESB), but there they stood, all huddled together, which any from prevented delivering strikes--other than Sidious a few feet away.

All Lucas manafed to do was make the Jedi appear clueless. The second Mace and his crack team of coffin-fillers entered the room, they should have skipped the grand announcement (really? They needed to give him the cue he was looking for by stating intent?), and used Jedi speed to surround Sidious. That would have (at least) made his choice of attack more difficult than the amusement park-like targeting standees we watched in the actual scene.