The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Trekker4747, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

I've started watching this show on NetFlix streaming, about half-way through the second season.

Interesting, good, show but would they get off this damn farm and find the girl already?! Sheesh, I'm tired of this. I'm also pretty sure I hate all of these characters except the main guy (Rick?), Dale, the Asian kid and his booty-call girl. Everyone else... sheesh would they just get eaten already?!

2. ThunderAeroI

ThunderAeroI Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So you want them to find the girl and you like Dale? I feel for you

3. Trekker4747

I want them to find the girl simply so that damn plot thread is over! Six episodes and several days have passed in the show and THEY'RE STILL LOOKING FOR HER!!!! I already know she's a zombie and in the barn I can read the between the lines that much and, yeah, I know what ends up happening to Dale too.

4. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

I don't know who told you what, but they're way off base. Sophia took off to a small town spared from the outbreak, organized the townsfolk into a small militia, and becomes the chief antagonist of Season 3 alongside her adopted three-legged racist dog, Stumpy.

Dale winds up heading back to the CDC, rebuilds a small lab out of the ashes, and is revealed to be a world class virologist. He could synthesize a cure for the zombie plague if he wanted to, but instead he spends all his time creating a mind control drug that keeps Andrea from doing things he doesn't like.

It's riveting stuff.

5. Trekker4747

I dunno, man, I just watched the episode where they opened the barn and found Sophia. It was well done, in fact, even though I knew it was coming a mile away.

6. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Congratulations for surviving that. All of us that were watching the show during the season two were like you, constantly complaining about them taking too long to find Sophia. We had to wait a week for every new episode too, unlike you!:p

7. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Yeah, it was a powerful episode. I got spoiled on Sophia's fate about a week before, IIRC, but it didn't ruin the episode for me, either.

8. Trekker4747

I wasn't really spoiled on Sophia it's just that what happened to her was obvious, I mean after a couple of days she had a 0% chance of survival with the zombies out there so I knew she was gone and it was just a matter of time before they encountered her in zombie form, and then when we found out there were zombies in the barn I put two and two together. Still, it was nicely done.

9. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

I've watched it from the start and quite like it - they've certainly made a decent drama out of a bad joke of a genre, but it is a bit over-rated. It's good, but it ain't THAT good.

10. ThunderAeroI

ThunderAeroI Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Season 3 has really NO good parts. it really doesn't

11. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thanks for starting this thread. I could never figure out why they never had a thread about the show before.:rolleyes:

12. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

We have one every season

13. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Walking Dead is one of the best shows on TV; in fact, one of the best shows ever.

Unlike many, I didn't find the Sophia storyline overly drawn out. It was riveting and agonizing-- as a story about the search for a missing child should be-- and it was the context for some amazing characterization, especially Daryl's evolution.

14. the G-man

Yes, exactly my point.

15. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Very constructive.

16. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

It is a really good show, although I do think Season 1 was the best batch of episodes so far. The first half of Season 2 was the low point, but it did start to improve once you get to the second half of Season 2. Season 3 was good, but still not quite up to the quality of Season 1.

17. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

A lot of people complain about the slow pace of the first half of Season 2, my wife included, but I didn't mind it all. All their desperate searching for Sofia really made the impact of seeing her as a walker that much greater.

18. Trekker4747

Sorry, thought it was better than bumping months/years old threads with hundreds of posts in them. I apologize if I wasted your time by making you click on a thread and read it.

19. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

HUH??? How does "I can't figure why no one ever started a thread about the show" translate into your point being that we have a thread for it every season?

20. the G-man

:rolleyes:=sarcasm