The Voice (U.S.)

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Danny99, Sep 24, 2013.

1. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I also wouldn't mind any of them winning. Will Champlin was mediocre at the start of the season but this week he was IMO the best performance, so if he wins, he definitely earned the hell out of it. I'm rooting for Tessanne at this point because I think Redemption Song and Hallelujah were the performances of the season.

Would have preferred Cole winning, of course. But at least with Cole out we don't have to see Blake brag about his four-peat next season.

And it seems like even if Jacquie loses Christina will make sure she gets a record deal. And I see a high degree of probability she will open for Christina on her next tour.

2. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

The producers undoubtedly want Jacquie to win, but if iTunes is any indication, Tessanne will be the champ, which is a bit surprising to me since in previous seasons voters eventually got tired of the female powerhouse singers who were elite from the blind auditions on.

3. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

If Tessanne doesn't win, I will probably be as incredulous as those who hated Danielle Bradbury winning last year.

She has far and away dominated this season and though I am a fan of what Will could do, neither he or Jacquie can hold a candle to her.

4. JirinPanthosa

If Tessanne gets two #1s on iTunes in a row and doesn't win I will call shennanigans. As annoyed as I was when Danielle Bradbery won, at least she was the clear viewer favorite.

Anyway, whether or not Jacquie Lee wins she'll probably have an album out faster than Tessanne.

5. Danny99

I think my hate of Jacquie stems from my hate of Christina and I can't stop it.

6. Aragorn

Last night, it was sure nice for Adam to declare Tessanne the winner right before Will's performance. :lol:

7. Danny99

Queen just shows why Matthew would have been a better finalist for Christina than Jacquie. He is full of emotion and loving it. She looks bored.

8. JirinPanthosa

Matthew Shuler is out for one reason, his next two song choices after Hallelujah were god-awful boy band shit.

9. Danny99

He should be asked Christina why he got thrown under the bus for her love affair with Jacquie.

Usually Carson is painful, but lines like "Welcome home!" to eliminated contestants forced to smile like they are all happy to be part of a glorified variety show, is the worst. I was happy when they dumped Christina Milan. Maybe they should dump Carson and make Usher host with a judge set of Adam, Blake, Cee-Lo, and Shakira. Pretty please!

10. Aragorn

I think this season was one where there was no clear frontrunner who would blow everyone else away in the finals. There were a few artists early on that you thought might have a legitimate chance, and instead of the usual voters that hitch their bandwagon to one singer no matter how good or bad, the general public was actually voting based on best performance of the night. So Matthew went from the top one week to the bottom the next week.

11. Danny99

Lady Gaga looks like they threw a wig on Caroline Penall. And a sudo-lesbian duet with Christina to see who can caterwaul better was not needed. Gaga has a good voice, but if you try and pair that with the visuals she portrays, it just wrecks it all.

12. Danny99

Tessanne deserved to win. She carried herself well, unlike last year's frontrunner Judith, and was nothing but humble the entire way through. And kudos for her actually being able to sing her song that Carson forced her into at the end of the show.

Seriously, Carson Daly needs to go as host. Am I alone in this?

13. JirinPanthosa

I don't mind Carson, at least he's competently lame.

Tessanne certainly had the best performances this year. The big difference between her and Judith is that Judith tried to replicate Whitney Houston songs and Tessanne made a Bob Marley song her own.

14. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

Aw, I am actually liking Carson now (he used to annoy me on TRL or New Year's Eve specials). I like that he seems more human as host, such as hugging the contestants, complimenting them, and his banter with the coaches. It's obvious that they hang out off stage, which is nice to know. And every once in a while he will throw out some funny lines, like when Tessanne had to sing right after her win and he said something like "Okay now you've won, right back to work" and then shoved the mic in her face. :lol: I thought it was a good way to make an awkward moment funny.

15. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i'm glad an Asian finally won one of these singing contests! (And an Asian-Jamaican at that!).

What's bothered me about these contests is how minorities seemed to have been weeded out of the finals. i have a hard time believing there aren't enough talented non-whites to make it to the finals.

Judith Hill, for example, really should have been in the finals (if not won it) -- but they kept over-doing her Michael Jackson connection to the point of turning people off of her...and that's so sad.