Fable 3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by PKerr, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Niorah

Niorah Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ok, I have a question, I am now in Bowerstone Industrial, I'm supposed to be following Sir Walter around, and I hear this gnome, so I follow the voice, and sure enough I find it on a wall, but... I can't shoot it! In fact I cannot smash barrels, I can't use any of my weapons at all. Is this normal or is it a bug?

:confused:

2. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

Mr Light: Not sure, because I haven't done that mission yet. Since we have 365 days from coronation to prepare, I'd imagine - but this is just a guess - that the foreign excursion will be counted in terms of how many days pass (day cycle, night cycle, etc.) while you're there.

Niorah: There have been a few occasions in which I haven't been able to pull out any weapons, typically in times like that where I'm supposed to be following someone and combat isn't involved. You'll have to retrace your steps to that location once you're adventuring on your own again. I don't think it's a bug.

3. Niorah

^ Darn, I was afraid it'd be the case. Thanks for telling me. I'll make sure to go back to that area.

4. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Niroah same thing happened to me. You'll have to remember that location and go back to shoot it after wards, because at that moment you're stuck in story mode without violence.

5. PsychoPere

Mr Light: I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by the amount of money you can earn for the treasury by selling the Auroran diamond, if you haven't finished that quest yet. Also if you haven't, I went from 339 days left to 294 once that mission was completed.

6. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

^ Cool, thanks. While I'm relieved this countdown clock only applies when you complete story missions, on the other hand it's a little lame that they give you this ticking clock but you can continue to play the game forever if you want to :lol:

Was anyone else pissed off and disappointed you don't actually fight Logan? I was looking forward to a big boss battle! They did the same thing at the end of the last game which pissed me off even more.

Does anyone know if there's a paragon way to complete the "murder this person for me" missions? I haven't done them because I don't want dark side points.

BTW if people haven't figured out how to unlock Driftwood (the city in the bay in the lower right corner of the map), go to the city where Reaver's Mansion is, donate money to fix the bridge, then come back later cross the bridge and it leads to there.

Anyone know how to unlock that city in the upper left corner of the map?

What do people think about the game length? The actual story missions don't seem that long at all making the game feel short. After you become Monarch there's only three actual story missions left according to the walkthrough I just looked at! But of course there's endless side stuff to do, the question is it worth the time ;)

7. PsychoPere

I was disappointed that you don't get to fight Logan, but I was more disappointed by the shortness of the Monarch portion of the game compared to the revolutionary part of the story. I just finished the game, and I feel a little cheated that I wasn't King before the final battle for a longer period of time. I'd be more annoyed if I didn't enjoy the charms of this franchise as much as I do.

There's not a paragon way to complete the murder missions. As for that city you asked about (the one north of Millfields, correct?), I have no idea.

Edited to add: I'm in Driftwood right now, and noticed that the Spire from Fable II is visible! Very nice.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2010
  8. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I was hoping that's what that was. Which reminds me, I haven't finished 3 yet, but I'm disappointed that the ending of 2 (where Teresa takes possession of the Spire ominously) didn't factor into this story.

9. Niorah

I really don't like what Bowerstone has become... yuk. I guess that's what you call "progress". :shifty:

10. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

Question, will I miss out on alot if I haven't beaten Fable 1 and 2 yet? I have both games but seeing as how I also own 3 (I wonder how I pulled that off :lol:), I want to know if I can just jump into 3.

11. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

You'll miss some references, but it seems like the game mostly stands alone.

12. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

They take place in the same world but the stories have nothing to do with each other. You're the child of the Hero of Fable 2 but that's it. And there's a mysterious blind woman who's the narrator and was apparently in all three games (I've only played 2 and 3).

13. PsychoPere

^ Theresa (the blind seer) was the sister of the Hero of Oakvale, who was believed killed during an attack on their village in the early stages of Fable I. I think my favorite bit of Fable II was re-visiting Oakvale, in fact, though it was rather sad since by that time (thanks to Reaver, the bastard) the village has been subsumed by the Wraithmarsh. Based on the letter Reaver leaves in the Bowerstone Castle at the end of Fable III, I'm anticipating that a future piece of DLC will feature both his return as well as that of Oakvale.

14. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I only have a couple more expensive buildings to buy and then I will own EVERYTHING :evil: Then, I can finally stop spending my money on buildings and watch as it rapidly accumulates! Seems like playing the paragon side takes a lot longer since you have to make all this damn money yourself. I did the foreign land diamond mission, so I think I only have two major missions left in the game.

15. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I seem to have hit a game breaking bug... which I guess is fine since I wanted to take a break from playing anyway. It's rather unfortunate though, but here's my advice.

If you join someone's game and see that you suddenly have a few hundred extra seals - just turn off your system before it saves. If you don't, you won't be able to earn seals in combat or via expressions ever again.

16. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I maybe imagining this, but if you travel to the foreign country, I think that counts as extra clock time and gives you a couple rent payments all at once.

17. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Ugh, I'm sick of wasting time while I try to make money. I only have a couple royal decisions left before the ending according to my walkthrough. I own all the property in the map and now I'm just waiting to slowly earn enough cash.

What happens if I do the final stage without enough money? People just die? I don't think I care anymore :lol:

18. PsychoPere

Lots and lots of dead bodies all over Bowerstone, and probably not as many soldiers to fight the shadows as there would be if you had more money. There are still dead bodies in many areas of Bowerstone (and dead guards all over my freaking castle!) after the final cutscenes in my game.

19. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

So I found the "secret" of making money. Turn your game and then just let it sit there for hours once you've bought all the property :p I've got 5 million now!

20. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

^^^That did not work for me, but im getting by with about 100.000 coming in every 5 mins, so once i get about 10 millill i can start towards the last 336 days.

Fantatsic game though.