Copper season 2 discussion *possible spoilers*

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by auntiehill, Jun 23, 2013.

1. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

[​IMG]
    BBCA's drama "Copper" returns tonight with a bigger budget, more guest stars and, according to press releases, more "character-driven" stories.

Er..I thought it was always very character driven, but OK.

I'm particularly looking forward to seeing the Corcoran/Maguire relationship, and how Maguire will get out of prison.

Anyone else watching?

2. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I loved season one but I'm weaning myself off the DVR after Mad Men ends and I have a ton of stuff to watch on DVD/Blu-ray this summer. So I will put off watching this for a few months. But for everyone else, I recommend it.

3. Capn Flukie

Capn Flukie Fleet Admiral Admiral

Loved the first season, looking forward to seeing this. I hope there's less people calling him 'Corky' though. Ugh.

4. auntiehill

I thought this first episode was pretty good. Corcoran looks beefier, more buff and the huge sideburns are gone. Obviously, things in the Corcoran home are still, er, "tense."

Very interesting to see the new Boss Tweed-type character, and how he's organizing the area. Were they the ones responsible for Maguire?

I like the idea of the doc being in town and I really liked seeing the doctor's wife finally find her voice.

Certain parts of the episode felt very choppy but clearly this just meant to be the set-up episode, and all the major plot points for the season are being spelled out.

A very bloody episode (the ear, ICK!) but that is nothing new for this show.

5. auntiehill

Just got around to the second episode. I'm interested to see more of Maguire & the counterfeiting ring.

The serial killer of young boys also appears to be a major plot point. Are the missing boys kidnapped or dead?

Anyone else watching?

6. Beagleman

Beagleman Commodore Commodore

I'm watching, enjoyed the first season greatly. This show has just so much atmosphere and the grittiness can be quite suprising. The first two episodes of this season were pretty good, I'm just not sure about the Corcoran/wife storyline, not sure what it is, perhaps too much drama for drama's sake? Hope they find a way to resolve that rather quickly, I doubt it though ;).

7. auntiehill

Yeah, with all the other intrigue going on, Kevin's crazy wife (now that she's not so crazy), is not all that interesting. I think it will only be interesting in that his inability to forgive her (which is understandable) will continue to fuel his drug use.

8. Beagleman

Pretty strong episode. The father selling off the young lads got away pretty lightly, didn't he, I'm not really sure when exactly the show takes place, but shouldn't the war be over soon? Wife seems more stable and less "TV-Crazy" which is a good thing. I like Matthew and Sara Freemans story and suprisingly I think I like the new Boss, normaly in cop shows or movies new boss=bad guy, perhaps they are doging that cliche...

9. auntiehill

Finally caught up a bit. It took me a moment to remember who it was exactly that Maguire killed. Pretty nasty interrogation technique for the man "Shanghai-ing" the boys,but yeah, the father got off far too easily.

And Elizabeth probably should have mentioned her involvement with the plot BEFORE the wedding, not after. Puts Robert in a pretty tough spot.

10. auntiehill

OK, just saw Sunday's episode.

YIKES. That was a bit brutal, even by this show's standards. Rather a high body count, I'd say.

Not sure about the ending. I kind of suspected that storyline might happen but not to the ends that the show depicted. This will not end well, I think.

11. Beagleman

Another episoder that feels like a sucker-punch, don't get me wrong I like the show but jeesh, nothing nice happening to people...

12. auntiehill

God DAMN. No kidding! Although, really, I kinda saw that one coming. She pretty much hinted at it when talking to Sarah.

The question now is what will Kevin do? Go back to using drugs? Go after Francis (again)? And will Francis go after Mr. Donovan? He's not exactly a man you want to threaten.