Castle Season 5 (including Spoilers)

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by FPAlpha, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Nice. :techman:

But I really detest those group photos everyone does now where they (poorly) photoshop individual images onto a background.

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I love the entire cast pic.

3. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Kill it! Kill it with Fire!

:lol:

No problem.. everyone's entitled to their opinion. I find it only curious how someone can watch a show where they dislike one of the leads.

I once saw a talk show appearance by Stana where they talked about her heritage.. her parents are from the Balkans (in Europe.. Croats, Serbs, Bosnians) and he asked her to swear in that language.. and boy did she. They bleeped out the whole thing but being a Bosnian myself i could read lips pretty well and she really let loose :lol:

Cast pics are awesome.. as always. These ones too though my favorites are still the ones from season 4's The Blue Butterfly.. everyone in 1920's style and Stana looked especially gorgeous.

About them breaking up.. Marlowe is on record saying he will not do that because they think a relationship has enough potential for drama and fun and they want to exploit that to the fullest... couldn't agree more. He also said at one point that he considers Castle to be a love story first and not a cop show.. seems like Marlowe is a shipper too ;)

4. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I don't dislike Beckett, I'm just kinda...ambivalent about her, I guess. She has her moments, but for some reason she just never clicked with me the way most everyone else did.

5. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

You can if you like the rest of the leads. I know I've certainly watched a number of shows that I liked overall but that included one particular actor or character that I just didn't care for.

6. Admiral_Young

I actually didn't like Kate (I liked Stana) right off the bat. It took me a few episodes to understand her character and from that I started to like her.

7. cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles A GODDAMN DELIGHT Moderator

Holy sweet mother of pearl, that's Molly Quinn? :mallory:

8. Admiral_Young

Yep. :) It's actually going to be interesting to see what they do with Alexis this season. I like the coroner internship they gave her and Laney would make a great mentor. I have a feeling we won't see that much of Alexis this season for some reason :(

9. { Emilia }

{ Emilia } Cute but deadly Moderator

I think Alexis is the only character I sort of lost interest in. It's going to be tough to keep her around conveniently given that she should be off to college and have a life.

Don't get me wrong. I think Molly Quinn does a great job and I really liked the dynamic between Castle and his daughter. But I think it's just a bit less interesting to me now that she's an adult.

Any thoughts on what will be the season's first scene?
    I kinda expect them to just start with some action and maybe even do the "omg, what was that???? -------- fade to black -------- 48 hours earlier" thing.

But as a shipper I'd just like Castle and Beckett to have breakfast or wake up the next morning. :p
    Also: I wanna see his mom's reaction. Will she be like "FINALLY!"? She definitely is a shipper, too after all.

10. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I think we may well see more of Alexis, because Molly Quinn is 18 now, so the child-labor laws that presumably restricted her screentime before no longer apply. And where they were taking her last season -- setting her up as Lanie's assistant, having her decide to attend college in NYC to stay with her family -- feels like they were preparing for the enlarged role that could result now that she's of age.

11. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's possible if it's just one of the leads, but you like everybody else, and the show in general.

My wife and I have this problem with Bones. We pretty much can't stand Brennan. But we like Boreanaz and the secondary characters so much, we keep watching and just put up with Brennan's cartoonish stupidity.

Likewise the last season and a half of Buffy. Buffy herself became very unlikeable. But we still liked everybody else.

12. Admiral_Young

I understand Christopher's point, but I was really thinking about plot wise that we wouldnt' see much of Alexis and agree with Emilia about her development. Last season was a crisis of faith for her. She was dealing with situations that she really hadn't before and was struggling to figure out for the first time what to do with her life. I thought it was fascinating, I know some of us in the thread disagreed about her character arc. That's why I brought up the coroner internship. That is good way of keeping the character around if she's not going to go off to college. I suspect though we could see that happen during the season still.

As for Caskett...I'm excited to see where this goes. I think as I mentioned before that we're going to be Joanna Beckett plot heavy this season, and that this will interfere with their relationship...remember that Rick is hiding things from Kate, that usually never goes well with these types of things.

I know he's busy right now...but I would love for Joss Whedon to guest direct an episode :)

13. FPAlpha

To me it was always clear they would keep Molly Q./Alexis on the show... she's an integral part of Castle's life and quite popular. I just hope they'd use Martha and her more.. they are a hoot and their scenes are always so funny/emotional/moving/etc.

I don't think that Castle is hiding anything anymore.. he's said his piece fully in the season 4 finale when he laid everything in front of Beckett. Maybe only the details are missing what he's learned but now that the cat is out of the bag he can fill her in on the details.. there just was not enough time in the finale to do so and then stuff.. happened :devil:

Given what we already know about the season opener they will talk some more and open up to each other and i so look forward to these developments.. i've always liked the writing on the show and think that their relationship is one of the more realistic ones on TV and within TV constraints so i can assume it will remain so and we will get endless hours of fun and drama.

About 3 weeks to go! :techman:

14. Admiral_Young

I'd forgotten he'd told her...damn...it's been a long time lol. Maybe I need to do a season four re-watch to get ready :)

15. { Emilia }

{ Emilia } Cute but deadly Moderator

Been re-watching some old episodes. Good times!

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT_hD_A1RDU[/yt]

16. FPAlpha

17. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

The ending was hilarious!

18. IcecreamLtDan

IcecreamLtDan Captain Captain

Ok, that was great, my anticipation for the show starting back up just jumped a few notches!! I couldn't help but notice how badly Beckett's hair was mussed up, but Castle's seems perfect.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2012
  19. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Awesome clip! Never thought I'd really ever be wishing to skip a weekend to get to Monday.

20. Admiral_Young

Can't wait for Monday!!!