Spider-Man movie (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Turtletrekker, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm looking forward to villains they haven't used yet (IE The Lizard, maybe Kraven and then Green or maybe HobGoblin, Doc Ock.) If only they could get Kingpin in there.

2. Nowhere Man

Nowhere Man Commodore

As Admiral Young said, I was looking forward to Vulture. I think Sam had big plans for him and Lizard.

3. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ As much as I was looking forward to the Vulture, I was not really looking forward to the rumored Vultress role that Anne Hathaway was rumored for. Ridiculous concept. If I remember correctly, she was supposed to be Felicia Hardy but like the daughter of the Vulure or something like that lol.

4. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

^ Yeah, that was it. The studio had no faith in Black Cat. Ironic that Anne Hathaway is now playing the other Cat villainness!

5. Admiral_Young

^ Which is kind of weird since they had plans to introduced Black Cat in "Spider-Man 2" and heavily considered Eliza Dushku for the role.

6. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

^ Did they really or was that just wishful fan-thinking? (My own included!)

7. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^This is fun!

8. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

I also really wanted to see the Vulture.
    Vultress, no but Vulture is a cool villain and easily could have fit into Osborne military contracts like the glider/formula. Too bad Sony was stubborn on that.

I'm more pumped to see the Lizard than anything else. For me this essentially is Spidey 4 regardless of how they are classifying it.

9. Admiral_Young

It might have been wishful thinking but i believe that Eliza is mentioned by name in the behind the scenes book. I swear I remember Rami mentioning her in a previous interview.

10. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

i'd like to see Vulture and Mysterio used in Spidey movies.

oh, and just to be all Captain Anal Fanboy; the Oz serum was being developed for SHIELD as part of their effort to create new super-soliders. Hammer was developing his own Super-soldiers, creating Sandman and Electro in the process, and had Otto doing industrial espionage on Osborne.

11. Nowhere Man

Nowhere Man Commodore

^ Too bad Spidey won't be in the Avengers, that sounds like good plot points.

12. A beaker full of death

A beaker full of death Vice Admiral Admiral

Screw that. Spidey should never have been an Avenger. He's an unhappy loner and should remain so.
    Far as I'm concerned, Avengers should be Wasp, Yellowjacket, Beast, Vision, Wanda, Pietro, Tigra, Cap, Iron Man, Thor, Wonder Man, Harkeye, Jocasta, and maybe Ms. Marvel.

13. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ No Hulk? No Hellcat? No Rick Jones?

14. A beaker full of death

A beaker full of death Vice Admiral Admiral

Nah. Jones was always a mascot, Hulk opted out early, and Hellcat (and Hulk) are Defenders.

15. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Hulk was an Avenger way, way before being a Defender.

16. Admiral_Young

I disagree with Peter being an unhappy lone . Joining the Avengers has been one of the best things they've done with the character and integrating him more into the Marvel Universe. Now he's with the Future Foundation on a temp basis as well. More heroes are acknowledging Peter as the heart and soul of their community. Tony and Reed have acknowledged that he's one of the smartest men they know, if a little rough around the edges.

Capcalhoun...no need to invoke your anal fan card (i've got one of those as well lol) you clarified the Oz serum and Hammer's involvement beautifully for me. I'd forgotten that.

17. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah...they were considering it, but I think it was dropped early on. However, that plot point was used heavily in the Spider-Man 2 video game.

18. Admiral_Young

^ Felicia was used in the game? My bro has a PC version of the first "Spider-Man" movie game that he's never played lol.

19. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

^ Yep. Spidey is down about MJ, then enters Black Cat who cheers him up and tells him to go for it. There was also a plot line about helping her defeat Shocker or something like that...I haven't played it in a while. Good game though.

Edit: Link

20. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

Arrested Development, have we got a case for you...