New Reference material for trek fans available.

Discussion in 'Trek Tech' started by Gilso, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Gilso

Gilso Cadet Newbie

Hello one and all. I would like to say that I mostly used to do my trek tech posting on the Flare Forums but that site has seemed to have died down allot of late. So I have moved over to here, to let the people know that if they are looking for new schematic and blueprint layouts of ships from Star trek and also interactive blueprints at the minute of the Ent-A and the Miranda Class are available.

The site has just been opened up and I really do not know if the demand for this kind of material is still needed or asked for. So I am taking a chance for a year and posting ships as the demands arises.

If a few of the people who know the name Gilso then you will remember the site I had left at utvinternet web site. I do not know if I am allowed to post links due to this being my first post at this place, I will respect the rules.

IF you do a search for Gilso starTrek you should get sent to here
    http://www.strekschematics.utvinternet.com/

This was my main web site which I left to all who needed the reference material for their needs.

Things have moved on in the last 10 years internet speed has gone into orbit and screen sizes also have increased, So because of all this new tec at my finger tips I have reposted my web site with a whole new design and layout and hope to once again provide up to date reference charts and blueprints at the new site. I have some ships schematic plans of the USS Miranda or Reliant as some remember better in the interactive deckplan section.

Also the single ship section has just been opened with the USS Defiant Federation section only at the minute. Non Federation Section has the Klingon section Complete, with all main 5 ships from TOS up to present day.

Do visit and what material and ships you want now lies in your hands with the requests I receive etc.

I also could use some help in getting new reference ship material to add to the klindon section. The Raptor from Enterprise line drawing only, the new Film Enterprise and the NX-01 from Enterprise. I am not looking for full cgi ships, just the basic outline and simple as possible.

The new single ship plans are a minium of 1920 pixels across and height can be up to 5000 - 6000 pixels deep. File sizes are about 3mb min at present. The biggest is 16mb and thats the Klingon BOP.

The address to the new web site is
    http://www.gilsostartrekschematics.com/

All the best and I hope peeps here can start to make use of the new material.

Gerard - Gilso

ian128K and DeepSouthTrekFan like this.
  2. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

I don't normally post in here, but I saw your name on the thread and I just wanted to say that your site was one of the very first Trek technical sites I visited years ago, so I wanted to thank you for that and all the cool artwork. It's great that you've started a new site as well. Good to have you here. :)

3. Mytran

Mytran Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

4. Gilso

Gilso Cadet Newbie

Thank you for that notice of the roll over problem. Checked the other day and it was fine so must be a chrome update. Strange the rest of the site is ok just that one and the Miranda. Fixing them now. I found that if you are browsing in firefox and hit the chrome icon or vise versa you will get the roll over being missed aligned. That why their is a choice of Chrome or Firefox because some peeps where not getting the correct roll over effects, also make sure you clear your browser history as well.

Have checked on both and they are working. Also make sure you are using a screen size of 1920 x 1080 for these to work correctly , but as I have stated if you wish to view it in the proper 1024 x 768 you need to drop your screen res size down your self on your own computer. You viewing in normal 1920 x 1080 mode and click on 1024 x 768 mode it will be out of alignment . Hope this helps

Gerard

Last edited: Sep 9, 2014
  5. Mytran

Mytran Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You may have something about the screen res! I generally view at 1440x900 so that will have thrown your website off! I checked again at 1024 and it works perfectly! Sadly my phone screen is not so flexible :(

6. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

It messes up for me at both resolutions and in both Chrome and Safari. I didn't even see the Chrome option at first because the icons are so far to the right they don't even show up at my default browser window size. My monitor is at 2560x1600 on a Mac.

7. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Works perfectly on Chrome Version 37.0.2062.120 m (Win 7 Pro, 6.1 Build 7601: SP1) at 1920 x 1080.

Thanks for sharing this, Gilso! Amazing website :techman:

8. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

In Opera browser 12 trying the 1024x768 version while identifying as Opera with JavaScript enabled:

the Chrome rollovers seem to work perfectly on decks that fit all on one screen (spot checking), but for the decks that don't all fit on one screen, like Deck F, alignment of the rollovers is a mess;

on the other hand the Firefox rollovers have alignment problems all the time, and that's so even identifying as Firefox.

9. Gilso

Gilso Cadet Newbie

I am not trying to be smart or over bearing here that some people are having trouble with the interactive deck plan roll over. As I have stated here, at the very start of the web site before you enter it and what choice of browser you need and at what screen size you need before entering the deck plans is made very clear.

I will clear up the problems here and now for peeps having the roll over deck plans problem as follows.

1. You need a monitor minimal screen size of 1920 x 1080.

2. Your Web browser choice has to be either Firefox or Goggle Chrome only, any other browser like Opera or Internet Explore has NOT been tested or tried and will probably result in the rollover being off alignment.

3. The simple solution is to either Download Chrome or Firefox at the present time. IF you are viewing the Web site on a tablet or other similair device phone etc, I cant say what results you will get.

4. It can take up to 5 days, when I have time to relign the rollover effects to work on a different browser, I have tried to keep it simple and designed this part of the web site for PC so I can cover the most people with little or no fuss with a fast internet connection.

5. I don't know how the site results are like on a MAC system.

6. All these problems I will take on board and try to improve the experience you receive on your next visit but please continue to give feed back good or bad please.

Thank you for your time in reading this.

Live long and prosper.

Gerard Gilso of Gilsostartrekschematics web site:techman:

DeepSouthTrekFan likes this.
  10. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

And in reply, I'm not trying to be smart or overbearing either. In software development, you will find that people will try to use your program who don't have "the minimal hardware/software" requirements. If a program doesn't work, for whatever reason, I simply move on, and likely don't come back. Only if the program is mission critical enough to warrant purchasing additional hardware/installing new software will that occur. No biggie.

I was perfectly aware that the site might not work perfectly given that I didn't have the minimal requirements, but I thought it was worth a shot; it almost worked. I thought you might be interested in the results anyway.

11. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

And "not trying to be smart or overbearing" either, but the site design isn't exactly user-friendly.

As I mentioned in previous post, on the web browser launch choice page the SAFARI icon easily disappear off the right side of the window (at least it does on a Mac).

The instructions and texts in general need to be proofread and revised; e.g. "Click on either your prefaired web browser icon Firefox or Chrome to continue to the Enterprise-A Deck plans section." is grammatically awkward. It should read something link "These plans support Firefox and Chrome browsers in two resolutions. Click on an icon to make your selection."

Finally, at the deck plan level PREV and NEXT buttons would be more user-friendly than the current system of requiring users to back up to a deck menu and then drill back down.