MLB Discussion - 2012 Season

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by tomalak301, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh, that post was probably about Clemens. The whole thing is silly. He's not getting in anytime soon.

If it goes to a one game playoff, you gotta run Medlen out there.

2. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Heh, you don't have to sell me on Chipper. He's a true old school player. Only thing I'm not sure of is if he's a first ballot or not. There is going to be a huge back log of people with HoF numbers but with some link to steroids in the next 5 seasons of voting. This will slow down the entry of people who really deserve to get in since the votes are gonna be rather divisive.

3. Use of Time

Use of Time Commodore Commodore

You know, all this kerfluffle about shutting down Strasburg is going to be much ado about nothing when they have an 11 game lead in September. The Nationals are leaving the Braves in the dust and my dear Bravos just can't seem to ever beat them. I'm about 10 days away from going all in on my prediction for a Nationals/Angels World Series.

4. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Another Bay Area baseball Player has been suspended for Testosterone. I guess the Bay Area is so used to the Steroid controversy but this sucks.

5. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Personally I think it's good that mlb seems to be taking the substance abuse bit seriously now.

6. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

So they basically need to start testing anybody having an abnormally good season

7. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Why don't they just test everybody, whether they are having a great year or they suck?

League-wide, majors, minors, rookie league, everyone.

8. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

They SHOULD. Several times at random over the year. Wonder how much of Colon's big season last year was that 'magic' platelet transfusion he got, and how much was just good old fashioned juicing...

9. Use of Time

The simple answer is the recently signed CBA. Testing is a hot button issue in MLB and it took a lot just to get the current testing policy approved.

10. Ar-Pharazon

^ Yeah, I was thinking it would be something like that.

11. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

The concern is with the playoffs.

Although a dominant regular season usually leads to stagnation before the playoffs.

12. Use of Time

Yeah, I know. They want to run him out there until the end of August and basically rest him until October. A few people have been up in arms saying he should be out there every start so they have a better chance at winning. I'm just saying they should coast into the playoffs as the NL East champs even without him in September.

13. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

No, it's about giving him full rest before next season. They have no plans to play him in the playoffs. And he wouldn't be as effective in the playoffs anyway because, even in their off days, pitchers need to keep with their pitching routine.

14. Use of Time

Wow, I just looked it up you are right. Holy shit that is unbelievable. The franchise finally has a dominate team and they are going into the playoffs without their ace. :eek: They are going to have some pissed off fans. Making the post season is no given next year. Maybe they should listen to DeRosa after all.

15. Ar-Pharazon

^ Those same fans would be pissed off if Strasburg got injured again and had to sit out another year.

16. Use of Time

Tommy John is a crap shoot. It's not a perfect science. He could blow out his arm in his second start next year. You just don't know. Strasburg is not hurt right now. They are being a little overprotective if you ask me.

17. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

Bartolo Colon tested positive? I wasn't aware gravy was a banned substance. [​IMG]

18. Use of Time

Timby can you do me a favor. Your avatar is very distracting, yet I always chuckle when I look at it. What is the story on that thing. Who is she?

19. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

The lady depicted is Sabrina Brimhall, who participated in Season 8 of Hell's Kitchen on FOX, in 2010. She was a particularly catty, fussy lady and wound up aggravating everyone in sight, resulting in Chef Gordon Ramsay dismissing her from the competition in Week 11 due to her being batshit crazy. The avatar comes from a segment in which she openly despised her teammates on the female team, and ranted her ass off.

"That bitch:"
    [​IMG]

20. Use of Time

God, that's great.