What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Niorah

Niorah Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ Cool! I recommend doing the Thieves Guild series of quests, so far it has been the most interesting one, as compared to the Mages' quests, the Companions' quests and so on.

2. gh4chiefs

gh4chiefs Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Oddly enough I find myself currently playing 4 games, normally I'm a "one game at a time" person. Most of my gaming time lately has been focused on Modern Warfare 3, but I had also started Saints Row 3. But SR3 will probably be on the backburner until I get tired of MW3 (which may be sooner rather than later.)

And for some unexplained mental illness reason, I purchase a Wii (yet again :rolleyes:) and started the new Zelda game. But I've barely started so it doesn't really count. Included with the Wii was the Mario Brothers for Wii game. After trying to get through the first level last night I suddenly remembered why I hate Mario games and got rid of my Wii in the first place. :rolleyes: Color me stupid.

3. TheBrew

TheBrew Vice Admiral Admiral

Same here, except I am playing New Vegas. I tried Fallout 3 on the 360, but could never get into it. I got New Vegas for $5 on the Steam sale and I am loving it. Maybe because it's on PC or maybe because it has a much different tone, but I like it much better. I am enjoying all of the different factions and I feel like I am making real choices in my game. Been doing side quests while I figure out if I want to give Mr. House the Platinum Chip.

4. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Would be playing Batman Arkham City but when I opened it found it lacked the Catwoman DLC code, so I'm holding off until I return to the store and get that sorted.

5. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

Yeah I'm going for the platinum trophy, which means I will definitely be doing the Thieves Guild quests at some point. I already did the Companions' guests and I'm about half done with the Mages' quests. OTOH, I've barely started the main quest. ;)

6. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Did you pre-order the game? I thought the Catwoman content was only free for pre-orders.

7. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ I don't know where Seventh White Boomer is from, but in Europe all copies ship with the Catwoman DLC code.

8. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I finally got my last achievement on Assassin's Creed: Revelations last night. The reaching level 20 on multiplayer. Then, I realize I don't have platinum achievement, so I go see what's going on, and there's four achievements listed for the DLC that hasn't even been released yet! And they're MORE multiplayer achievements! :mad:

9. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It says on my case that Catwoman DLC comes with my copy. Never looked into pre-ordering this game so I don't know what the deals were here.

I'm in Australia. Had a look online and it seems that it was quite an issue when the game was released with games not having any codes in their cases. Found out the publishers would give you a code if you contacted them with proof of purchase, since I did that with another game that I bought new and the code was already in use I went that way instead of going back to the store and now it's sorted and I have my DLC.

10. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

The Catwoman DLC is supposed to come with all new copies of the game, pre owned versions need to pay the online pass thingy to get it.

11. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

To be honust your not missing much if you dont have the Catwoman stuff, i found charactor's segments really interrupted the flow of the game, with it's lurching stuttering building climbing controls and the charactor's poor top health and armour, and lack of a decent selection of weapons, compared to the main charactor(Batman).

If you played the game without the catwoman DLC and did not know about it you would not know it was missing.

12. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Yeah, I played all the Catwoman stuff after I beat the Batman story. It was less jarring that way.

13. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I personally liked playing Catwoman's chapters while playing the main story.

14. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I just picked up The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass for the DS. I've heard some pretty bad things about the game, but I had to try it for myself. At least my expectations are low, so I should get some entertainment out of it.

15. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Just finished a playthrough of ME2 in which I purposely got Tali killed...uh, I feel like a monster.
    ...As it happens I also got Jacob killed, but I'm not so bothered about that. ;)

16. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I've been in kind of a nostalgic mood recently, so I reinstalled Crimson Skies on my PC and have been playing the heck out of it. I had to download a fan-made bug fix for it because for some reason the game doesn't work with modern video drivers, but the game is still just as fun as I remember it. :)

17. Lowdarzz

Lowdarzz Captain Captain

I've dusted off my Xbox and started playing the game of the year edition of The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind.

I still had a level 20 dark elf saved so I just picked up where I left off.

18. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well my expectations were low and it stills sucks. I know modern gaming tends to dumb down the games a bit to help newcomers pick them up, but this is the first time I've played a game where the developers clearly thought I was mentally retarded.

*Walk into a volcano dungeon with fire all over the floor"
    Navi-Clone: "Link, don't touch the fire. It will hurt you."

Well no fucking shit. Fire hurts. I've got it. The whole game is full of crap like that. It isn't a terrible game, but I hate being talked down to. Why isn't there a "I'm not a moron" difficulty option?

19. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Not much as of late. Been busy with real life... but when I get a chance to get out my DS, I've been playing some Animal Crossing: Wild World and Mario Kart DS.

20. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Prince of Perisa on PS3 and everything about the game is good, its fun BUT I will have to stop playing it because of one MORONIC stupid gameplay idea...lightseeds.

You have to get them to unlock more of the world, basically its mandatory exploration and that sucks. Also to make it worse its not like you have to get 50 and theres 100 dotted around the map NOOOOOOO, you have to get every single one which is not gameplay progression gameplay but anal trohpy collection gameplay so why did they mix the two up. Its a cheap way to extend gameplay without having to come up with any ideas and ruins the flow of the game, I was really enjoying the game as well.

:rolleyes: some people don't deserve to make games.