X-MEN: FIRST CLASS - Grading+Discussion **SPOILERS!**

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by StarTrek1701, May 31, 2011.

?

How Much Did You Enjoy X-MEN: FIRST CLASS?

Poll closed Oct 28, 2011.
  1. A+ (Great Movie!)

73 vote(s)
    35.6%
  2. A (Entertained a lot!)

93 vote(s)
    45.4%
  3. B (Was okay, not bad)

30 vote(s)
    14.6%
  4. C (Below expectations)

6 vote(s)
    2.9%
  5. D (Very bad)

2 vote(s)
    1.0%
  6. F (Intolerable, want money back)

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ "She-Ra"!!! I pre-ordered "X-Men: First Class" and "Thor" from Amazon Canada the other day. I was going to pick them up when they came out day of release from Best Buy like I usually do when I go get DVD's but I've been pleased lately with Amazon's delivery service so I'm going to use them.

2. KB24

KB24 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I hardly ever go in Best Buy anymore either.

This article gives some props to First Class, but seems split on the other comic book entries and blockbusters this summer. Actually, this summer did seem a bit of a wash out I suppose. All the big things that made money Pirates 3, Potter end, Thor, weren't highly acclaimed. I don't remember all their numbers but outside of Potter, it looks like nobody did well this year. And I feel bad for the films that had the misfortune to get released with Irene!

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayl...the_winners_and_losers_of_the_summer_of_2011/

Well at least awards and festivals and the meaty stuff will be coming up soon. :)

3. KB24

KB24 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Hee, love the ads rotating here for First Class!

Okay, quickly now, I got my video today! First I was going to go to the Movie Stop, but I never reserved the set there. So before I went to my parents' house, I went to Target and figured I'd get the blu ray. Well, low and behold, they had a combo pack for the same price. I got the blu ray, dvd, and digital copy all in one! Yes!

It says it is a Target exclusive and has a cover I hadn't seen before- different from the standard DVD that was there. So now I can have my HD picture, still make DVD captures, and have an instant copy for whenever. Yes!

4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I got my Birthday money today, so if I'm able to I'm probably going to use it to get FC.

5. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Anyone know how the first couple of weeks, especially the first week, of DVD sales went for XM:FC?

My google-fu hasn't turned up an answer with specifics.
    Yes, it opened at #1 and outsold it's closest debut comptitor, Hanna, by 4-1 but how many units and how does that stack up in dollars? How does it compare with other comic films? That is what i want to know.

6. M'rk son of Mogh

M'rk son of Mogh Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Both me and my brother purchased it.
    If that helps. :lol:

(The last movie I purchased was "Moon", and that was probably one of 2 movies I bought that year, if that tells you anything about how often I buy them)

7. Admiral_Young

I did a google search and couldn't find any specific sales numbers. Just that it has been number one since it came out. Whatever the case is I think Fox should be very pleased by both the box office intake and the DVD status. I've stated from the start that we're most likely gonna get a sequel announcement. It's just a matter of when and I've theorized probably sometime next year.

8. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

I read something somewhere from one of the producers -- might have been on Deadline -- the other day stating that though everyone wants to do a sequel, that it'll likely be a while before they get to it. :shrug:

9. Admiral_Young

^ Yep. Everyone is getting busy...Vaughn though still hasn't picked his next project so I think that is why most fans are eager to know about where a sequel stands.

10. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

But will it be a last stand?

11. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I heard they were ignoring last stands.

12. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I heard this running gag should finally be the last stand.

13. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

At last, I can stand this gag no more. :p

14. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

They better do a sequel soon-ish or else the ensemble cast are going to become too busy to tie down for a sequel. That's why 20th Century Fox rushed X-Men: The Last Stand for 2006 - they didn't want the cast contracts to expire.

15. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Watched it this weekend on On Demand, I really enjoyed it, the leads did a great job. I especially like the portrayal of Erik straining to use his Magneto powers, very convincing. I hope there's a sequel, but, with the current set up, having the school all set to go, and Charles in the Wheel Chair, how are they going to keep it different than being a retread of the First X-Men (I wouldn't mind a retread of the first movie, but, I think the Suits would be afraid of it, and trying to make that distance, may cause them to screw it up)

16. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

keep it in the 60s or move it to the 70s and do more secret history stuff. that stops it from being an X1 retread.

17. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Which leads to less scenes for characters we liked and then salary negotiations.

Fassbender is certainly going to be busy moreso now. He's got 3 or 4 movies lined up?

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy

Shame

Prometheus

A Dangerous Method

18. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

TTSS is already made and out in the UK.

19. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

Finally saw it this weekend. Enjoyed it, despite the headache generated by characters being pulled form various points in X-History, rather than the actual first class of Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Angel and Beast.

20. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

Finally saw it and I thought it was fantastic.

I have a huge man crush on Fassbender, the guy is brilliant.