Abrams: Star Trek Maybe

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by TrekToday, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Greylock Crescent

Greylock Crescent Adventurer Admiral

I have a feeling that, for the third film, Abrams is going to totally sell out to the hardcore Trek fanbase and make a slowly paced film about an earth probe that returns and threatens the world.

2. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

They can adapt "Q Who?" for the next film and have James Callis as Trelane fill the Q role.

3. SeerSGB

SeerSGB Admiral Admiral

If I was Abrams (after I got through rolling around naked and having sex on big piles of cash), and knowing how the old school fans felt about me, I'd go out giving them the middle finger.

Third movie: Godlike being (Trellaine, Mitchell, The Guardian Of Forever, take your pick) is the "baddie" or is exploited by the baddie. In the final showdown Kirk and Spock are given the chance to undo everything, reset the timeline back to the original classic Trek timeline. Pike, Vulcan, Amanada, Kirk's father, everyone saved cause this timeline would cease to exist. A bit of mulling it about, Spock is debating it cause it'd mean the return of his mother and his planet, Uhura gives Spock a goodbye kiss, says she understands and she'll always love him, and...they decide not to do it, baddie is defeated, godlike being declares that this was their last shot and they'll never be another and as a result the reboot timeline becomes the dominate timeline.

But I'm a bastard that way

4. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

It's time for a wacky comedy "episode" with Harry Mudd!!!!!!

5. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

As this plays out, you have to have Spock's "No. Not this time" line from the end of the 2009 film. :techman:

6. aeriolewinters

aeriolewinters Lieutenant Red Shirt

This would only work....If the TNG crew are the villains.

7. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

:confused: :confused: But, I thought, you know...

...Khan was the villain in Into Darkness?

NuTrek is supposed to be "Our Future" and since our reality doesn't include Omnipotent beings I doubt we'll ever see Q in the NuTrek timeline.

8. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

Who says?

9. BillJ

I like omnipotent beings in Trek. And who says there aren't far more advanced beings out there. Remember what Clarke said...

10. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

I was just just remarking how there's no place for omnipotent beings in our universe the other day while I was playing a game of catch the giant ball of Red Matter with the kids. Because deus ex rufus res apparently is something that exists in our reality and makes so much more sense than a godlike being like Q.

Also, while I would agree with you that there are no omnipotent beings in our universe, I'm pretty sure there are a couple billion people who would beg to differ.

11. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I just want to clarify, for the record, I did not say it would 'never' happen, I said I "doubt" it would.

It is a quote of on screen text taken from one or more of the teasers/trailers.

So do I. Clarke, as in Author C.? He said allot, too which are you referring?

Few would feel more enjoyment than me if they choose to revive the more mystic aspects we've enjoyed from Trek in the past.

12. Argus Skyhawk

Argus Skyhawk Commodore Commodore

Old Trek was supposed to be our future also.

13. BillJ

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.