Angry Birds Star Wars

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Chris3123, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

The newest Angry Birds game was released today. Anyone else get it? I love it just for the visual SW aspects, but the new SW-related abilities are icing on the cake.

[​IMG]

2. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

I just found out by accident, that you can actually deflect laser blasts with the lightsaber to hit stuff otherwise completely out of reach. :D

3. Chris3123

Speaking of which, I was having a hard time get the first Golden Droid. I just looked it up on Youtube, and apparently you can actually deflect lasers with Obi-Wan's force push, too. You can also make use of a pig's laser blasts if you cause him to tip over or fly through the air.

I also like how the game makes use of both the traditional environment and and the AB Space type environment.

Oh, and here's the cinematic trailer. It's rather amusing:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6lYFO_tKlE[/yt]

4. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Being the owner of a new smartphone i stumbled upon this and installed it immediately.

Can't believe how much fun i'm having.. i've heard of Angry Birds before and have played it a few times but the Star Wars version is so awesome :lol:

5. Chris3123

Update came out today, opening up the Hoth section, with 20 levels and introducing the Leia bird.

Is anyone actually reading this, BTW? :p

6. Whizzer

Whizzer Commander Red Shirt

...no ;)

Still a fun little game for (train) travel

7. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

I am. I purchased it like 10 days ago and I'm this close at getting the 120 stars of Tatooine. Really addictive.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  8. timmy84

timmy84 Commodore Commodore

I haven't tried this out yet. I've never really cared for Angry Birds but I did like the space one. Someone at work was testing out a MHL cable and played a level on one of the TVs. I thought it was just skined but when a ship flew by bombing the pigs, I thought I should try this.

:borg: