Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Obiwanshinobi, Jan 30, 2011.

1. StarTrek1701

StarTrek1701 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It was an interesting read but am not sure if the movie is going to be really that good. And the only hot chick in the movie gets killed early? Damn. :(

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ You're seriously not going to let go of the Amy Adams thing huh?

3. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

I would have trouble letting go of Amy Adams...

4. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Anyone who doesn't find Amy Adams at least "cute" (if not out-right hot) has... issues.

5. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

I haven't even seen the movie and I already know that Amy Adams will be my favorite Lois EVER! :bolian:

I am the type of guy that finds "cute" to be extremely hot!

6. TheBrew

TheBrew Vice Admiral Admiral

"Hot chick"?

:rofl:

7. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

I've never understood this desire to have a "hot" Lois. Coates, Neill, and Kidder all played brilliant, incredibly memorable Lois Lanes, and none of them looked like supermodels.

8. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Geeze, use spoiler code. It's an incredibly unexpected twist for Lois to be killed early in the Movie and a huge spoiler, that I would never have wanted spoiled for me until watching it :rolleyes:

9. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I wouldn't be so quick to assume that's a fake after the horrible Avengers cover from EW a few weeks ago.

10. Trekker4747

Of all the movie Loisssesss. Loisess. Lois's.... Loiss... Er, Of all the movie versions of Lois Lane she'd probably the best. Excluding the old serials from the 50s, of course.

I never liked Margot Kidder, not physically and her raspy chain-smoking voice was a big turn off. What's-her-name from Returns while making some of the physical requirement for Lois was just... bland. But pretty much everyone and everything in that movie was bland.

11. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

I think it's not so much its inherent crapness as the fact that Cavill's got his Immortals haircut and Brandon Routh's suit which has persuaded people that it's a fake. The suit is different from the MOS one already revealed.

12. Trekker4747

Well, it's not quite the Routh suit. The shield is larger and not as pronounced on how much it's bulging out. But the texture of the suit is similar to the Routh one.

13. Gojira

Margot Kidder was a major turn off for me for the very reasons you mentioned.

14. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Please refer to these set pics of Cavill. It looks like the same haircut and suit to me.

15. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

I refer you to davejames' post.

16. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

We're talking about the fake suit again :( I love how things get repeated over and over again in this thread. It's a fake pic. Zack Snyder has stated before that he wants to beat the sites and the paps and get pics of the suit out first. That's is why we had the original pic out when we did. Set photos aside anything else we see will be studio released IMO.

17. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

18. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

None of the movie Loises have made a strong enough impression on me to really care. I like Amy Adams a great deal, though, and I'm sure that she'll be one of the best things about this movie - she always is.

19. Gojira

The only other Lois I have liked from any live action version of Superman was the gal that played her on Smallville.

20. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

you know, Margot Kidder may be the best. I like the fact that she is attractive but far from perfect or picturesque, and she has a lot of personality.. at some points she is hardly at all agreeable. She is, in fact, a rather nice but sometimes crude and cruel. in other words, she is more like a real person than other actresses who they cast in these kinds of movies.