Best of Both Worlds Remastered ; Battle of Wolf 359 shown..

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by DumbDumb2007, Nov 28, 2007.

1. Computer

Computer Captain Captain

Re: Best of Both Worlds Remastered ; Battle of Wolf 359 sho

I tend to agree with the idea of not showing the battle of Wolf359.

When the Admiral says "The battle does not go well" and the Enterprise arriving at the destroyed fleet worked very well dramatically.

However to please both camps they could always do a little something more with the Mars "Defense" Parimeter than 3 little drones racing to their obvious destruction.

Maybe a shot of squadrons of fighters being deployed from Mars (Futile I know but it would still be cool)

OR (while the Enterprise is enroute to intercept the Borg) we see a young couple walking along the bay in San Francisco when their attention is drawn to a reflection of a flash in the water coming from above, they both look up as we cut thrugh the clouds and atmosphere to the Borg blasting the hell out of Starbase 1.

2. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Actually, no, you can't have HD that isn't widescreen.

All HD material must, by definition, be widescreen. It's part of the spec.

TOS-R includes the black bars on the sides as part of the image. That's why it can be HD even though the source material is 4:3.

3. BolianAuthor

BolianAuthor Writer, Battlestar Urantia Rear Admiral

If they do as you say, it won't be quite shocking, it'll be quite boring... we'll have wasted 10 minutes of screen time to basically seeing 40 ships go down without a prayer of a chnace... so if we know that's going on, why would we want to sit through it? We did that during "First Contact"... we don't have to do it again. Besides, the Dominion War gave us enough "epic-scale, hopeless battles" to sit through.

I agree, that from a dramatic standpoint, it totally ruins the impact of the Enterprise going through the debris field, if they also show the battle. That scene was written purely for visual and emotional impact... to show us suddenly, and without preparation, just how much devastation the Borg were capable of visiting upon us... with ONE ship!

4. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

I don't think they NEED to shoehorn the battle into BoBW, but new FX for the graveyard could add some clarity and scale to the scenes...the screen caps from it show how low rez it is.

RAMA

5. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

That would so awesome simply for the fact that Bernd over at Ex Astris Scientia would have a field day :techman:

My inner fanboi would sell his grandmother to get his hands on some Cheyenne and New Orleans class wreckages in HD :drool:

6. seekertwo

seekertwo Commander Red Shirt

More wreckage....more destruction....maybe a warp core or two detonating as the E-D arrives on scene....

...and maybe some "enhancements" on the Mars battle...like more fighters and a few cadet training ships (like the Enterprise in TWOK) in the fray...