What guest stars would you have liked to see on TOS?

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by CrazyMatt, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

On the other hand, I think Frank Gorshen showed us that subtlety can be thrown out the airlock. :lol:

2. Mysterion

Mysterion Vice Admiral Admiral

Yup.

Also he would have been interesting perhaps as Dr. Adams in Dagger of the Mind, or as Flint in Requium for Methuseleh. And I think he would have been very effective as Dr. Daystrom in The Ultimate Computer. No offense intended to the actors who did play those parts, just idle daydreaming on my part.

3. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

^Well, I wouldn't want to take away TOS's progressiveness in casting a black man as the most brilliant scientific mind of the age. And William Marshall was a hell of an impressive actor in his own right and really knocked it out of the park. McDowall as Trelane or Price as Adams would be a definite improvement on what we got, but I can't see Price improving on Marshall's Daystrom. Nor does he seem quite right for Flint.

4. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

If they had cast a black man as Flint that would have raised some eyebrows. :lol:

Now imagine if they'd cast a darker skinned actor who'd eventually say, "Yes, I was Christ." I think some heads would have exploded. :lol:

5. Christopher

Well, he was born in Mesopotamia, so he should've ideally been Middle Eastern. Omar Sharif, perhaps?

Christ should also be Middle Eastern.

And the lead character in Jerome Bixby's The Man From Earth, covering a lot of the same conceptual ground, actually did suggest that he may have been Christ. But, alas, they cast a white guy in the movie (David Lee Smith, who played Kes's bland love interest in VGR: "Darkling" and was no less bland in the film).

6. Mycroft Maxwell

Mycroft Maxwell Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I would like to have seen Guy Williams play in an episode of Star Trek. He was a great actor. I would also loved to seen Sean Connery in a guest roll. That would have been great!!

But one that really comes to mind, is Denver Pyle (Mr. Darling from Andt Griffith and Uncle Jesse from Dukes of HAzzard). I would love to seen his take as another MAD admiral.

7. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Vincent Price, Burgess Meredith, and Diana Rigg were the first names that came to mind. Also, Peter Cushing, Christopher Lee, and Patrick McGoohan, all of whom were not above TV spots back in the day. (Both Cushing and Lee appeared on episodes of The Avengers.)

The idea of Caroline Munro on Trek certainly appeals, although, realistically, her career as a scifi/horror "it girl" didn't really take off until the 1970s, so I'm not sure she was on anybody's radar back during TOS's run--or even appearing on American TV during the 1960s.

8. ToddPence

ToddPence Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Barry Morse

9. Mycroft Maxwell

Barbara Stanwick .... Lee Majors.... I believe Lorne Greene would have made a great reoccuring Admiral.

10. Khan 2.0

Khan 2.0 Commodore Commodore

Harrison Ford as a redshirt

11. Mycroft Maxwell

But...but...He shoots first...remember?

12. Irishman

Irishman Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Carroll O'Connor could have been Harry Mudd's probation officer. :)

13. Mysterion

Mysterion Vice Admiral Admiral

Bruce Dern. Definitely Bruce Dern.

14. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

Oddly enough, I just saw them together in an old Naked City episode:

[​IMG]

15. Praetor

Praetor Vice Admiral Admiral

The fine line between continuity and fanwank.
    Wow. I never thought I'd say this, but Carmel actually looks weirder without the mustache.
    I'm sure it's just because I'm used to it, but still. :rommie:

Someone who may not have been mentioned already is Robert Young. I mean, we already had Mrs. Anderson, why not Jim? He'd make a fine captain or commodore.

16. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

^Or maybe a kindly old starbase doctor.

17. Praetor

Praetor Vice Admiral Admiral

The fine line between continuity and fanwank.
  18. AtoZ

AtoZ Commander Red Shirt

With just the right touch Henry Silva would have made a great Romulan villain.

19. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Kurt Russell in Miri or And The Children Shall Lead.

20. Christopher

Ich, no, I saw him in a first-season Man from UNCLE and found him intolerably cloying. Though that's at least as much the fault of the writing as the performer.