Know of a program like DropBox where u pay b4 viewing file?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Ro_Laren, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Ro_Laren

Ro_Laren Commodore Commodore

I learned today about a program / web-site that seems like it would be really helpful to businesses, but I don't know the name of it. It is basically like Dropbox in that it can be used to upload & send someone a file such as a report, but this program also makes it so that the person receiving the report cannot open it until they have paid for it. I don't think they actually put in a credit card number on the site, but rather the Sender can make the file accessible after they have been paid. Has anyone ever heard of this program / web-site? I am guessing that this isn't something you can't do with Dropbox... at least I've never figured out that feature in Dropbox.

2. Naira

Naira Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I have not heard about it, but if the sender has to make the file accesible themselves after the payment, why don't just send it over to the receiver (via e-mail, dropbox etc.) after they receive the money? Is there something I am missing here?

3. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

DigiVendor provides this kind of service. They can sell you a pay-per-download system that ties into your PayPal account.

http://www.idevspot.com/DigiVendor.php?xyz=212

I have no financial interest or dealings with DigiVendor, they just provide the service you are looking for.

4. Ro_Laren

Ro_Laren Commodore Commodore

^ Thanks for your help, but the site looks a little fishy.

Naira, someone told my boss about the site and he was wondering about it.