"Shaping a Cardassian" - characters

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Gul Re'jal, Aug 28, 2010.

1. Gul Re'jal

Gul Re'jal Commodore Commodore

Gul Re'jal is suspecting she's on the wrong space
    Demok wore something very similar, but it's not that. It's armour that soldiers used to wear 500 years ago. I plan to draw Demok's mourning outfit this weekend.

My inspiration were actually Greek hoplites :)

2. Gul Re'jal

A manip this time, not a drawing ;)

Parminder Nagra as Amrita Kapoor, still a Starfleet lieutenant and not yet a Cardassian military officer.

[​IMG]

3. Nerys Ghemor

Nerys Ghemor Vice Admiral Admiral

Soooooo awesome-looking. :)

4. Gul Re'jal

Thanks.

Something tells me that Gil Karama agrees with you ;)

5. Gul Re'jal

Gul Hatinn Toral

[​IMG]

6. Nerys Ghemor

Nice! I don't know why, but he looks like he's thinking up some "zinger" of a remark he's about to use on someone. Not a mean one, but something funny.

7. Gul Re'jal

I didn't plan it, but he looks like thinking about something...impish ;)

8. Nerys Ghemor

How to trace Gul Jarol wherever she is and beam chocolates to her in the right place every time? ;)

9. Gul Re'jal

Yes, something like that :D

10. Gul Re'jal

Glinn Yassel

[​IMG]

11. Nerys Ghemor

Awwww...you can definitely see how young and self-conscious she is.

12. Gul Re'jal

Hopefully, under Zamarran's mentorship (I hope he's going to become a mentor for her with time) she's going to become more self-confident ;)

13. Nerys Ghemor

Having someone recognize her as a good and worthwhile person even though she's not like most other Cardassians is really wonderful. :)

Will it ever be known what the reason for her difference is?

14. Gul Re'jal

She doesn't like to talk or even think about it much (not to spoil too much, but Zamarran's reaction was one of those that don't happen often), I can tell that she will become very close with one of other crewmembers and she will tell that person, some day, more about it and how it shaped her life.

15. Nerys Ghemor

Awwww...I wish I could send Iymender her way to cheer her up. His memory is perfect--but his hierarchical and social instincts don't work right, so by Cardassian standards he is considered to have a disability that is a "lesser" cousin of what we would call Asperger's Syndrome, but is disabling by Cardassian standards. He wouldn't look down on her for her memory...after all, he doesn't like being looked down on because of his social difficulties.

16. Gul Re'jal

Well, her brain doesn't work perfectly in this aspect, but it does in another one...it's just that someone has to notice it and show her she can make a practical use of that ability :)

17. Nerys Ghemor

You know...another person who could relate would be Gul Berat. He may have an eidetic memory--but with his "Cardassian ADHD" (I'm sure it has a name, I just haven't decided what they call his diagnosis yet), he sometimes cannot use it to its fullest extent. I think that during routine times, he may sometimes set "alarms" for himself. He might not have everything written down (though I think occasionally he does as a concentration aid), but it's hard for him to keep track of time or concentrate as easily as most Cardassians can, so now that I think about it, I think he has certain aids to help remind him of what he should be doing (as opposed to what he may be doing that's distracting).

Remember the little story about his "e-mail accident"? I know he probably didn't let anyone else but Glinn Yejain find out about that, but if he met your Glinn Yassel, he'd make an exception so she would understand "gul" does not mean "god." :D

(Funnier yet...do I remember reading that Glinn Yassel is very organized? I don't think she'd like the sight of Gul Berat's office, then. It's messier than your average Cardassian's office. He's been known to have to quickly shove padds or other objects out of the way very quickly before receiving visitors. ;) )

18. Gul Re'jal

I think the "organised" part of Yassel is partially her way to hide her not so perfect memory and also to help her not to forget about some things. So maybe she wouldn't run out of Berat's office screaming ;)

19. Nerys Ghemor

Why, because she'd realize she could make herself useful to him by teaching him how to put things away when he's done? Or trying to? :lol:

20. Gul Re'jal

Because she's not maniacally organised ;) She likes order but it's not an internal force that makes her keep everything in order. It's more of a habit that she had to work out to function among people who take your eidetic memory for granted.

Though, I'm sure she could help Gul Berat govern the mess on his desk better ;)