McBride Defends Limping Lilith Tour

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Dusty Ayres, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Dusty Ayres

Dusty Ayres Commodore

McBride Defends Limping Lilith Tour

2. startrekwatcher

startrekwatcher Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I loved the original Lilith tour back in 97-99 but the reason it worked back then was the talent they showcased--Jewel, Paula Cole, The Indigo Girls, Sarah McLachlan, Natalie Merchant, Meredith Brooks, Annie DiFranco, Joan Osbourne, Emmy Lou Harris, Shawn Colvin, Suzanne Vega etc. People would pay to see those artists because they were strong smart female singer songwriters with a message to their music but Taylor Swift, really?!?.

I was really excited to hear they were starting it up again this year and I thought about trying to attend but when I saw the roster of who was participating my enthusiasm plummeted. I guess this is just further proof as much as you want to revisit something you never can go back and recreate the original magic, conditions or period of time the original took place in.

I'll just have to be content with the fond memories of the original 3 year tour.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
  3. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

4. startrekwatcher

startrekwatcher Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well when the tour was announced Taylor Swift and Kelly Clarkson were two of the names I distinctly remembered being announced--I know Clarkson dropped out so maybe Swift did too?

5. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I am guessing so since Kelly Clarkson is no longer listed on the site...she was on there earlier though.

[edit] They really need a broader range of female acts from all popular genres.

6. Mooch

Mooch Commodore Commodore

I was thinking of getring tickets for the Toronto show because I like Chantal Kreviazuk, Kelly Clarkson, Sarah McLachlan, and Tara Maclean (who were all scheduled for that show)...but not that Kelly Clarkson has dropped out I'm kind of glad I didn't get the tickets. I've seen Sarah McLachlan before and Chantal Kreviazuk's solo shows are a lot cheaper.

7. Dusty Ayres

Dusty Ayres Commodore

Realize that when you are watching the Lilith Fair, you're watching Sarah and her guests; that's why you're paying a lot.

That said, although I love the Fair, I think that these ticket prices are way too much.

8. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

This pretty much sums up my feelings on the situation, although I wouldn't be able to attend even if I wanted to because I'm currently stationed in Japan. Unless, by some miracle, they come to Tokyo! :lol:

9. Geck

Geck Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I didn't even know of the show here in Edmonton until the day after it happened and I saw a write-up in the paper about how poorly attended it was. I swear it got NO media coverage in advance. Shame, I was interested in attending. Even though, yeah, the lineup definitely pales to those from ten years ago, and really the whole theme/purpose of the festival isn't as relevant anymore. When it started in '97 or '98, it was groundbreaking....now not so much. Sad to see how awful it's been doing though...

10. pookha

pookha Admiral Admiral

i know a lot of people in nashville who wanted to go but it got canceled with no explanation of why.