Smallville 10x04 (#200!!!) "Homecoming" - Discussion and Spoilers

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Trekker4747, Oct 15, 2010.

?

Grade the episode:

1. Superman! (Excellent)

28 vote(s)
    58.3%
  2. Red-Blue Blur (Good)

11 vote(s)
    22.9%
  3. The Blur (Average)

6 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. Kal (Bad)

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
  5. SuperMope (Terrible)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

They're not doing any mind wipes. If they were going to do that they would have found some way to already do that.

2. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

Finally got around to seeing it. I thought it was good despite the lack of action. Needed a little more of a bang to be sure. Especially for a 200th episode.

Chloe really should have been back for the reunion but I like how she had a big presence there anyway and that she was treated with the respect at the reunion that Clark has rarely treated her with. I don't think Pete graduated and did Lana even graduate? I thought Bug Boy was killed...wasn't he an old friend of Clark and Pete according to that episode?

I enjoyed the trip into the future. Clark needed to be put back on track for the 100th time on this show and this time he needed his future self to tell him what a douche he was. The Daily Planet seems to exist in its own time where newspapers are still big.

Typical undeserved self-importance by Lois...I'm not surprised she expected people to remember her. It's nice to see her get treated at the reunion exactly how she deserved to be treated.

Nice to see James Marsters back as Brainiac...he seems to be everywhere on TV. Hawaii Five-O, Caprica, Smallville, etc.

Blaming Clark's guilt fetish was a logicial way to explain the "darkness" in his heart. Though Brainiac had it all wrong...it wasn't Pa Kent's death that led to Clark's guilt. He's always been that way. This is the same moron who blamed himself for the meteor shower that, as an infant, he had absolutely no control over whatsoever.

Seems like the 200th episode brought even more posters here.

3. DarthPipes

BTW, I did find the guidance counselor bit to be an amusing wink to the villain of the week format of the show.

4. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I love Blue Mountain High.

Season II started last night.

No Sam Jones III.

Not in the credits either.

Poor bastards been dropped like David Arquette.

I liked it that Spider-Boy got his shit sorted.

5. lennier1

lennier1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

To be fair, the drug scandal and the resulting danger of up to 20 years in prison didn't exactly help his career (little reminder).

6. DarthPipes

You know, I have a feeling they wouldn't have brought him back even if it wasn't for his problems. It took them over three years to bring him back and it was for a forgettable freak-of-the-week storyline.

7. Guy Gardener

Ah, yes, but apart from the typo, I was talking about blue Mountain State, the sitcom about football where Sam had second billing earlier this year which aired after the scandal but I am now beginning to wonder if BMS might not have been filmed well before the news broke.

I was adding to his continuing fall from grace.

The pitty is that the lady who played his girlfriend was hilarious and that her character was probably dropped when Sam's was demolished...

But Blue Mountain State still almost stars Smallville's very own Aquaman!

This weeks episode as all about Aquaman trying to get to the bottom of who probed him during a scrimmage.

I am thinking that Arthur could carry an episode of smallville by himself as well as Oliver or Jimmy ever could,

8. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

As has been pointed out, Pete showing up here wouldn't work. You don't go to the reunions of high schools you didn't graduate from.

9. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

The two kids who were running the Torch got a text message from her near the end.

What did Brainiac do to her? I wasn't clear on that part.

10. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

^ i guess he brainwashed her, or at least removed her emotions and feelings about Clark

11. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

isn't sam jones III on that raunchy college comedy show on spike tv? hmm well maybe that explains why he's on deep cable.

12. Guy Gardener

one more time.

(sigh)

(Sorry)

I WAS talking about the raunchy college show.

It's Called Blue Mountain state.

Blue Mountain State is fantastic.

Sam is not in it any more.

Season two started yesterday.

He's not in the first episode and his name is not in the credits anymore.

13. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I like when people don't read other people's posts. Guy actually posted about that show twice.

There's no need to bring back Pete, they already did two seasons ago and made him Elasti-Lad in a lame ass story that should be eradicated from the Smallville annals.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2010
  14. the Dagman

the Dagman Commodore Commodore

Ah... Kryptonite flavored Stride gum... the flavor that stretches.