Nasty Characters Masquerading As Good - Willow Rosenberg

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Apple Goblin, Jan 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shaka Zulu

Shaka Zulu Commodore Commodore

Sauce for the goose, because Cordelia was one, and acted like one, until she had to change due to becoming suddenly poor. She finally redeemed herself by being Angel's secretary and doing good, then becoming an angel after sacrificing herself-the perfect redemption of a high school Mean Girl/Libby.

Too bad that most of the Libbys through TV history couldn't be redeemed in a similar fashion (especially this one.)

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Harmony has minions?

3. USS Triumphant

USS Triumphant Vice Admiral Admiral

Anyone else notice how Apple Goblin said he was going to out asshats, and then immediately afterward quoted his own long ass OP in its entirety?

Mission accomplished, right there, Apple Goblin. Mission accomplished. :lol:

4. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

I love her hair.

5. AgentCoop

AgentCoop Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I would happily partake of Willow's muffins, no matter how evil.

6. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

We saw an episode where her good muffins were standing right next to her bad muffins, and then we saw her good muffins pretend to be bad muffins which wasn't good at all.

7. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Bad muffins? Like "banana" ones that don't contain actual bananas but rather banana-flavored whatevers?

8. BigJake

BigJake Vice Admiral Admiral

Bad muffins are the sort of muffin that tries to persuade you that zucchini and walnut are the sort of things you should put together in a muffin.

9. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Any savory food item should be kept far, far away from baked goods.

10. USS Triumphant

USS Triumphant Vice Admiral Admiral

But her muffins were never half-bad, either. ;) ;)

11. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

For awhile one of my college dining halls had jalapeno muffins.

A few friends and I noted that they had a suggestion box and we strongly considered that the next evolution of said muffins would surely be jalapeno pie. Never materialized, fortunately.

12. Apple Goblin

Apple Goblin Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Hmpff...for all my "misogynistic" language, at least I never stooped to the creepy perverseness of muffin euphemisms. Take a hike, Lady Gaga. Gross.

Pot calling the kettle black. Willow had no qualms about using magic to control Tara, making her lose memories so she would stay in the relationship. She slept with her under a magical influence, effectively rape. It's a creepy parallel to what Warren did, though admittedly not as bad. At least in the show it's acknowledged that Warren attempted rape...Willow gets rewarded for her lecherous misdeeds.

Calm down love. In context, it's an atrocity - hiding Buffy's death from her father, living in her house while unemployed, resurrecting Buffy from the dead and effectively traumatizing her and then expecting her to get a job and pay the way is something only a sociopath would do without getting guilt pangs. And she's not grateful at all - she repays Buffy by almost killing Dawn and then attempting to destroy the world. If I were Buffy, I would NEVER speak to Willow again.

This is a DISGRACE. Willow would not make my top one hundred. A random dusted-in-a-minute minion is more likable than that selfish nobody. And Xander Harris in the top ten? No. Just no.

Willow's clothing was fucking painful, I'm glad Cordelia had the backbone to point out how awful she looked. :guffaw:

Something Blue is very revelatory, I should have wrote about it more in my OP as you are right, it's an excellent preview of her sick mind. Many Willow haters say it began in series four.

I think what I hate most about Willow is her one-dimensional view of life, as if her emotional pain trumps everyone else's. That kind of thinking is the sign of a rotten mind and an ugly heart.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
  13. Apple Goblin

Funny that they're called Libby...if it's from Sabrina The Teenage Witch, we all know that Sabrina was the true villain of that show. Vacuous, self-entitled little brat.

And no, no sauce for the goose. The slut-shaming of Cordelia by both Xander and Willow is downright disturbing, and completely unjustified. Cordelia exhibits ZERO promiscuity - she doesn't even have sex with Xander, given what we're told. Nor are her outfits particularly revealing. yet she gets called a ho, a hooker, skank, a bitch and a slut - some of these Xander calls her WHILE he's dating her. Xander is even more evil than Willow, the real big bad of Buffy (just read this).

I think your view of Cordelia only achieving redemption by working for Angel is a bit misogynistic and misguided. In "When She Was Bad", Cordelia is the only person to empathize with Buffy, despite the fact that she admits she doesn't even like her. Same deal in "Dead Man's Party" and several other episodes. What does it say when someone who doesn't like you is more empathetic and insightful about your problems than your closest friends?

Don't forget that Cordelia sacrificed her friends and social standing to hang out with the scoobies and date Xander. What does Xander sacrifice? NOTHING. Instead he cheats on her with Willow in a creepy, vile way. Now who is the real 'skanky ho' in this occasion, to use Willow's term of endearment?

14. BigJake

BigJake Vice Admiral Admiral

I believe muffins are best with a healthy dollop of butter. Is this a bad time to mention that?

I do believe that there is the Bizzarro World Seal of Inverse Approval. :techman:

15. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Mmmmmm, Lady Gaga's Muffins.

16. Greylock Crescent

Greylock Crescent Adventurer Admiral

Sure, because "muffin" as an innuendo clearly has more "creepy perverseness" than explicitly using ... what was that T-word you used to refer to a woman?

Oh yeah ... I remember ... but I won't bother to repeat it. :rolleyes:

17. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Some people just can't enjoy a good joke.

18. Greylock Crescent

Greylock Crescent Adventurer Admiral

I'm posting again simply because I want to see four consecutive posts with Kermit avatars in a thread about a show featuring vampires.

Sometimes I just <3 the internet.

:techman:

19. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't hate Willow...I liked her a lot until S6. Xander I hated.

Didn't Buffy slay Kermit? :p

20. Apple Goblin

You mean twat? That word is not a big deal, love.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.