Joss Whedon wins again.

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by trekkerguy, Feb 14, 2009.

1. jongredic

jongredic Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I hope it can weather it to be honest - this week's episode was a vast improvement over the premiere I thought. Not perfect, but it was enough to convince me it deserves a fair chance. So, here's hoping.

Eliza Dushku really has to lose that dopey blow-up doll expression when she's been wiped, and I thought the few instances of humour were a bit oddly placed and didn't quite work. Other than that, thumbs up.

2. Colin Xavier

Colin Xavier Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

If anybody is interested "Stage Fright" had 4.13 million viewers with 1.6/5 18-49 share.

3. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

Pretty consistent then, if I'm remembering previous weeks' numbers right.

4. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

I've yet to see an episode of this series. It looks interesting and it has Eliza Dookie-whatever in various stages of dress so it's enough for me.

5. Colin Xavier

Colin Xavier Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

1x01 Ghost 4.72 million viewers with 2.0/6
    1x02 The Target 4.22 million viewers with 1.7/5
    1x03 Stage Fright 4.13 million viewers with 1.6/5

Its consistent but FOX can't be happy with these numbers.

6. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

Apparently the first episode was the best Friday night they've had in years... but that doesn't mean you're wrong.

7. Serial thread killer

Serial thread killer Vice Admiral Premium Member

I wonder if this show was given a decent slot if it could have made it.

8. Evil_Kirkneivel

Evil_Kirkneivel Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I agree with the concensus that so far it is good, not great. It appears that Joss may by trying to produce something CSI-like because crime procedurals have big appeal at the moment.

I think the concept lends itself both to reset-button episodes (what Fox wants) and long-term arcs. I think the concept and setup are both strong - you have this organization that only cares about satisfying the client, conflicting with someone like Boyd Langton, a former cop who not only knows right from wrong, but feels a real sense of responsibility about protecting the 'doll' he is assigned to.

It looks like the dolls are already gaining some sentience of the big picture, so this is not going to be a show where they are mindless zombies - they are already protecting each other and forming bonds.

There are so many directions the story can go - rebellion is just one of them

I liked Firefly a lot more, however, and Dr. Horrible was hilarious.

Hopefully, Dollhouse will not get cancelled, so my Dollhouse Reviews and Summaries website won't have to close down :)