House: 5x04 "Birthmarks" - Discussion and Spoilers

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Trekker4747, Oct 14, 2008.

?

Grade episode.

1. Excellent

68.8%
  2. Good

25.0%
  3. Above Average

6.3%
  4. Average

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Below Average

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Bad

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Terrible

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

I keep forgeting this link.

I added it to the first post and I'm posting it here (for those who've read this far into the thread.)

House Medical Reviews

2. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Excellent episode. Long live House/Wilson! :p :techman: :techman:

I loved Cuddy drugging House. And Wilson getting arrested. :lol: Funny how friendships begin and begin again.

The case wasn't too bad, either, but how could someone go through 25 years of life and NOT know there were nails in her head? :wtf: :eek:

3. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

Amen and amen. They're like Londo and G'Kar, but with labcoats.

And wasn't it cool how Wilson ended up throwing yet another bottle through yet another piece of glass, just like when House and he met way back when?

Were they supposed to be smaller, pin-like as opposed to nails?

4. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

there was one report of an old lady who went shopping and didn't even know she had scissors in her head.

The lead up to the diagnosis didn't make much sense to me.

House brings up the patients date of birth which was 1983 when china enforced the one child act which causes the parents to kill the baby/ give it up for adoption

then we cut to the xray of pins in the head

5. LutherSloan

LutherSloan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Good episode this week, but I'm looking forward to next week's episode, where we get to see the insanely hot 13 making out with other women! :eek::eek::eek::devil:

6. S. Gomez

S. Gomez Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This one gets an "Excellent" from me... and I see everyone else so far gives it the same. Not only is Wilson back, but Chase and Cameron were in on a differential. How cool was that? Plus, we finally get to hear how Wilson and House actually met; that was something I was wondering about as I watched Season 2 this past week.

Told you this show still had life in it. ;)

7. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

House ran a DNA test and confirmed that he wasn't the biological son. Wilson came in and they talked about it for a few minutes and Wilson revealed that he WAS running from House because he was worried about losing him. He then said that he spoke with Cuddy and she hadn't replaced him on staff yet. She offered and he accepted his old job. The last scene was House asking Wilson if he was hungry and as they walked out House had the look he has when he has an epifany. He spoke somberly. "Wilson, my dad's dead." Wilson said, "I'm sorry House." and the episode ended.

Doctor Hadley (yes they confirmed that as her name) brings in her hookup for the night - a woman who collapses while they're making out. It says that since 13 learned she had Huntington's she'd been sleeping around with both women and men (the preview showed the women) and that she was abusing Drugs and Alcohol. The last scene of the trailer was House saying to 13: "I can't be responsible for a doctor popping pills on my staff." and he downs a handful.

8. Trekker4747

Thanks, NX, pretty much what I figured had happened.

The next episode sounds good too. :)

9. Kira's Mom

That was my favorite scene. Putting the "fun" in funeral, that's our Wilson! :guffaw:Don't piss off Wilson when you have big liquor bottles and antique mirrors/windows in the same room.

10. S. Gomez

I seriously thought he was about to punch House. And I have to admit, part of me kind of wanted him to.

11. Kira's Mom

I thought he would punch House, too, until I remembered how they met. And of course, there was a bar with big bottles right behind him...:lol: The bottle through the window was funnier.

12. Neroon

I suppose in one sense, this time it was Wilson bailing House out, by dragging him to the funeral in the first place.

13. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

loved the MMMMbop ringtone

14. S. Gomez

It totally was!

15. Serial thread killer

Serial thread killer Vice Admiral Premium Member

Loved how Cuddy drugged him.
    When he woke up in the car for a second i thought he was having a dream again i was glad i was wrong house needs willson.

16. Arrqh

Arrqh Vice Admiral Admiral

I was gleefully shouting "punch him!" to my TV during that scene :lol:

17. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

my DVR cut off the ending too

18. Neroon

At first I couldn't' tell who it was or what they were singing. Then when House said it was the Hansons and was his team's ringtone, it all came together. :lol:

19. Trekker4747

He woke up in the car and I laughed, "Cuddy doped him!"

20. Top41

Top41 Vice Admiral Moderator

Loved the episode because of the "bromance." House and Wilson are by far TV's hottest couple. :D I'm so glad they're back together. :D

The medical case didn't have enough screentime to have the impact it should have, but it was interesting and sad. It really suffered being the B-story to a much more pivotal A-story.

I love that Cuddy drugged House! Brilliant! And it was an awesome moment when the camera revealed Wilson was in the car, too. Loved their interaction. :D I also loved that House's eulogy made me cry...and then he bent down to get the DNA sample, which made me laugh. :lol:

Our TiVO cut off the end as well; glad I was watching it at the time.