How the FRAK did THAT get made?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by trekkiedane, Apr 29, 2012.

1. trekkiedane

trekkiedane Admiral Admiral

Did you ever wonder that?

It's 2 AM here and as per usual there's nothing but junk and re-re-re-runs on TV, I surfed the couple of channels I have and found something called "2 Broke Girl$". My first thought was: "How the FRAK did THAT get made?"

And while ^that was the inspiration for this post, it's not just media I'm talking about...

My town is (like any other place in the western world) in dire need of parking space near city center... Town decides to build a great big (for the size of the town anyways) shopping center (I suppose you'd call it something like a 'mini-mall') on the only available lot -just on the periphery of the city center-pedestrian area. -The place has been empty since they build it and now resembles a ruin (I'll see if I can get a photo of it tomorrow when I'm in the vicinity). -Needless to say; no-one here hasn't been wondering "How the FRAK did THAT get made?"

What makes you think (or even say out loud): "How the FRAK did THAT get made?"

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was flipping through movies available in a hotel room recently and came across this movie description:

Beaver: A troubled husband and executive adopts a beaver hand puppet as his sole means of communicating. Starring Mel Gibson.

Just about died laughing.

3. trekkiedane

^That's what I'm talking about.

Although... descriptions like that are a whole other category of funny in themselves...

4. nightwind1

nightwind1 Commodore Commodore

2 Broke Girls is actually a pretty funny, well-written sitcom.

5. Data Holmes

Data Holmes Admiral Admiral

That stars the lovely Kat Denning.

As to the OP, there is so much drivel on TV that makes me want to ask that question. Jersey Shore, anyone?

6. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

As far as descriptions go, DISH network's listing for Tremors is always: "Four big worms with multiple tongues dig high-speed around people in the middle of nowhere.

They could use the same thing for the sequels though, right?

7. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Yep, she is two reasons I enjoy that show. Two large reasons ;)

8. scotpens

scotpens Professional Geek Premium Member

Not always, but in many cases the answer to the OP’s query can be summed up by the acronym ISLAGIATT.

How else do you explain Xanadu?

9. STR

STR Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Thank you for that reasoning. Also, thank celebrities for their continued stupidity regarding nekkid photos from their cellphones. I must concur that Ms. Denning is very gifted. Talented, not so much though.

10. Data Holmes

Data Holmes Admiral Admiral

I don't know, I thought she was actually pretty good in Charlie Bartlett and she nailed her part perfectly in Thor.

11. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Along the same lines as the OP, we had a new outdoor amphitheater that was first used last year, where I got to see Melissa Etheridge perform. It was previously a smaller amphitheatre, but the new one was finished last year. There's also a music festival that uses the park every year, but here's the thing. The city waited until it was built to say that they'd need more room to take into account the beer tent and that they'd have to rebuild it.

Why wasn't this in the original plans?? :brickwall:

12. Disruptor

Disruptor Commodore

All the infomercial shit. SyFy, even all these years later...still resorts to showing infomercials in the wee hours of the morn.

Enough people still buy enough of that crap for them to be viable? I mean, they seem so 90's at this point. Like the home shopping network...there's that many people who think that stuff is good or just hate to leave home to shop for useless junk?

13. MANT!

MANT! Vice Admiral Admiral

Must still be big..

http://www.creditcards.com/credit-c...g-channel-addiction-credit-card-debt-1280.php

Read more: http://www.creditcards.com/credit-c...ction-credit-card-debt-1280.php#ixzz1tTaTXoKF
    Compare credit cards here - CreditCards.com

14. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I liked her even before I knew she had nude pics online (your post is the first I heard of them).

15. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

I finally watched the infamous Fantastic 4 movie from 1994...it's tremendously horrible..and Battlefield Earth...how does THAT get made but not Foundation, or Hyperion, or Uplift?

RAMA

16. trekkiedane

I promised some pictures.

An empty lot (earlier the parking around the old bus-station) was filled because the town wanted business and office space (and yet another multiplex cinema) right on the edge of city center. The old bus-station is the red brick building in the foreground in this shot:

[​IMG]

While the building was still unoccupied the owners (I guess) decided to change the design of it to the worse while adding a (tiny) bit more indoor room -but dropped the project once they had succeeded in making the whole thing look even more like a ruin; this concrete and brick part:

[​IMG]

The ruin going up in the background of this shot is more acceptable as that project was in the process of being build when 'the financial crisis' struck and resulted in that whole project being mothballed.

[​IMG]

17. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

The "Church" of Scientology has very deep pockets. No doubt they saw it as an example of the greatness of their founder's doctrines and thought it could be effectively used as a recruitment vehicle.

18. trekkiedane

Battlefield Earth made up for all it's flaws by being the perfect drinking game set-up though.

Drink when...
    • Someone is referred to as a "rat-brain" or "man-animal"
    • Someone talks about "leverage"
    • The Denver library is talked about or shown
    • Fort Knox is shown or talked about
    • "Piece O' Cake!"
    • Anyone fires a laser gun
    • Someone uses an accessory to breathe

-Half way through you're on the floor!

19. trekkiedane

BUMP.

Found another weird thing in the mail today; Star Wars-strawberry marmalade:

[​IMG]Made locally.

What's up with that?

20. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

I saw these products in the Pet Store the other day. Do they not realize how wrong that statement is???????