The Forgotten: "Pilot" 9/22 - Christian Slater, Michelle Borth

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Aragorn, Sep 23, 2009.

?

Grading

1. Excellent

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. Above average

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. Average

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  4. Below average

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  5. Poor

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

Volunteer members of the Forgotten Network, Alex Donovan, Candace Butler, Lindsey Drake, Walter Bailey, Tyler Davies and Det. Grace Russell, work together to solve the case of "Highway Jane," who had been murdered and her body dumped in the woods.

I doubt this show will be a hit, let alone a hit on this board. But if you do watch the pilot, take a look at this ABC Upfront Preview afterward. It's interesting to see the same scenes with different actors, as Christian Slater and Heather Stephens replaced Rupert Penry-Jones and Reiko Aylesworth:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pfyq-mgpc3E[/yt]

2. T J

T J Commodore Commodore

Eh, beats a kick to the crotch.

3. Othello

Othello Commodore Commodore

I have this on my DVR and will watch it soon. I think Slater is gonna get screwed again. ABC did practically ZERO promotion for the show at all. I'll watch it and hope it's good but I don't expect it to remain on the schedule with the complete lack of support ABC gave the show.

4. Base_Delta_Zero

Base_Delta_Zero Commodore Commodore

Poor. It was worse than CSI with the ridiculous shit these civilians get involved with. Not to mention, this show was essentially already done to death with Cold Case, another horrible series whose only saving grace was the characters were actually law enforcement, instead of civilians unwilling to face another friday of pictionary and fondue and looking to obstruct a little justice, tamper with witnesses, trespass, stalk "suspects" and misuse phone company data.

Watching that preview, I liked the original never before seen guy much better than Christian "Give Up the Ghost on Your Career Already" Slater. The redhead replacement for Reiko had all of one actual scene and the rest of the time stood around looking awkward while Slater hammed his way through the script, so not much to compare there.

Hopefully, this thing dies a swift death. Total waste of everyone's time.

5. Othello

Othello Commodore Commodore

I watched it an actually like it quite a bit. As I said in my previous post Slater is getting screwed again. I think it's a pretty damn good show that, unfortunately, won't last long.

6. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

I wish Slater would end up in something that was actually good. His career has had such ups and downs. Who knew he would go from a cameo in Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country, the lead of True Romance, to a memorable guest role on The West Wing, to...well, all the shit, well-intentioned or not, that he's made since.

7. PKTrekGirl

PKTrekGirl Arrogant Niner Thug Admiral

I give it an 'average'. Which doesn't bode well, considering the pilot is supposed to grab you.

I've always liked Christian Slater and will tune in again for that reason alone...but if it wasn't for his presence, I'd be out as of tonight.

Needs to be alot more exciting for me to stick around. But then, I've never been a huge fan of the CSIs.....

8. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought it was a good way to pass 45 minutes of my time. I don't expect it to last though, because there's nothing about it that's very distinguishable.