24 Question: Should They Bring Back Palmer?

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Frontier, Jun 6, 2009.

1. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

Likewise, we don't know what happened to Logan's VP who presumeably was bumped up right after Logan was arrested.

2. The Evil Dead

The Evil Dead Vice Admiral Admiral

Logan getting stabbed in the throat and then never being referenced again is right up there with the dropped Palmer assassination storyline for me and the things that irritate me on 24.

3. doubleohfive

^
    They did reference Logan this season. Renee made an offhand comment to Jack at some point confirming that Logan survived and got put back on house-arrest. Likewise, Olivia made an obtuse reference to Martha Logan in a conversation with Aaron, but it never got past said reference.

Still, I agree. They could have elaborated a little more, given what a big deal they made out of it in that particular episode of season 6.

4. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Logan's VP turned out to be Satan. Don't you watch the CW? :)

5. doubleohfive

6. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

"Jack. Yes, I did get shot in the neck but it was only a flesh wound. Now I am evil and am ready to make your life a living hell even though it would make no damn sense. I will also selling Allstate car insurace."

7. Aragorn

Jobu resurrects David Palmer.

8. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Fleet Admiral Admiral

Only if the man in black from Lost's season 5 finale uses Palmer as his next loophole.

9. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

The show has made it it's business to quickly forget about deposed Presidents. Keeler went down onboard during season four, and although a Fox mandate forced the writers to have him survive the crash, he's never seen or heard again and Logan is shown jovially serving out his term in Day Five.

That actually makes me wonder if Palmer would have otherwise died, but Fox didn't allow them to kill a sitting President, so they just put him in a coma like Keeler. For the same thing happens in Redemption--no mention of Palmer and Daniels is shown to be (less than comfortably) serving out his term!

10. Aragorn

We're going to find out that Wayne Palmer and annoying Palmer sister had David cryogenically frozen and since this is like the year 2124 or something now, they have the technology to resurrect him.

11. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

I think they could bring back Wayne Palmer. I don't see why they didn't have him as President in S.7, other than thinking it would be clever to have a Madam President, because when the season was written, it looked like Hillary Clinton was going to be the next POTUS in the real world. I like Taylor but I would like to have seen more of Palmer minor.

But David? Nope, great character as he was, he's dead as a dodo. The Tony thing was stretching it but bringing back Palmer, who we saw take a bullet in the neck, before seeing his corpse, would stretch it beyond breaking point.

12. Top41

Top41 Vice Admiral Moderator

Keeler, that's right! We never did learn his fate. :(

13. Aragorn

If anyone watches The Mentalist, they had "Keeler" and "Logan" in the same episode. :)

14. scorpius1701

scorpius1701 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

So there have been several presidents so far.
    Palmer I-dead
    Keeler-unknown-presumed dead
    Logan-unknown-presumed dead
    Palmer II-unknown-presumed dead
    Daniels-alive but sad

The lesson here is apparently to never run for president. Its a surer death then being on Voyager where they seem to pack gunpowder into the consoles.

15. LutherSloan

LutherSloan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Logan is not dead, as mentioned above. The fates of both Keeler and Wayne Palmer are still unknown, and it's unlikely they will be mentioned again.

It's true that apparently the FOX network refused to let the '24' writers kill a sitting US president. So Palmer and Keeler are in a weird limbo where they aren't quite alive or dead. They'll probably stay that way.

16. Gil T.Azell

Gil T.Azell Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

NO, NO, NO!!!!!!! 1000 x's NO!!

17. mostly_nameless

mostly_nameless Commander Red Shirt

Why not?

Jack can spend the next season saving something he's never saved before: Himself.

He can spend the whole season in a coma and Palmer and Terri can represent "good" in his dream world and dad and brother can represent "bad".

And, best of all, then I can have those zombies. At least for an episode or two.

18. SlyCardie

SlyCardie Commander Red Shirt

I'm looking for Wayne Palmer to return since we don't know what's happened to him. I think they could work him in to the resurrected CTU as working on the bureaucratic side maybe.

19. Aragorn

Wayne Palmer would've made perfect sense as the money behind Renegade CTU Team Buchanan in season seven, so naturally it didn't happen.

20. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Oh look. Tony's good. Now evil. Now good. Oh wait he is evil again. Does the show try to make sense anymore? :p