What bridge design do you like?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by AdmiralSteven, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Anticitizen

Anticitizen Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm with you. In my late teens, I got caught up with later implementations because I thought they were 'cooler'. Now that I'm older, I find I have a strong fondness for the TOS bridge, including the red and green mood lighting on the ceiling above the consoles :)

2. Cyke101

Cyke101 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I very much agree with this sentiment.

Oh, GEN bridge, you went too soon!

3. SFRabid

SFRabid Commodore Commodore

NX-01 and Defiant. They were functional and realistic. Least favorite is TNG (Enterprise D?). It's obvious that it was laid out so that the entire crew could be seen in a single shot I never liked the home theater look with everyone facing a big screen. Why not face each other with individual screens?

4. SilentP

SilentP Commodore Commodore

I agree with you on this one, I like the fact that all the major stations had large amount of available consoles to use, yet all the stations could still see the main viewer without heavy restriction. The fact that Engineering and Science still got decent 'alcoves', even though they seemed a bit distant from the rest of the bridge, is an improvement over designs (as opposed to the single 'workstations' that they seemed to get on the E-D). The bridge seemed like you could pull off commanding a small fleet with the amount of available control surfaces, and even individual stations could reasonably look like they could control the entire ship if necessary.

5. kv1at3485

kv1at3485 Commodore Commodore

I don't understand how people like Defiant's bridge. Having the helm/ops guys head obstructing the CO's view of the tiny main view screen is a good thing?

6. SilentP

SilentP Commodore Commodore

Well isn't the captain's chair somewhat raised over the helm's position? Albeit not by much...

7. AdmiralSteven

AdmiralSteven Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I'd forgotten about Engineering and and Sciences alcoves, definately a plus.

8. sbk1234

sbk1234 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Voyager, TWOK Enterrpise, and TUC Excelsior.

9. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

Mine too. As I've stated elsewhere, I was dissapointed we didn't see it again in STVI.

10. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

We did, it just had the turbo alcoves relocated and everything "dressed up".

I did like the improved red alert lighting scheme and the red doors, but that's about it.

11. James Wright

James Wright Commodore Commodore

Bridge of the E-A as seen in ST VI TUC!

James

12. Botany Bay

Botany Bay Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

TUC bridge for me :)

By the way does anyone know if there are blueprints or something anywhere that show the layout of the TUC bridge, and what all those extra stations did? I'm pretty sure they all had labels on-screen.

13. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

No, we saw a repainted redecorated bridge in VI. Yeah, it was implied it was the same room as seen in V, but it clearly wasn't.

14. barnaclelapse

barnaclelapse Commodore Commodore

I gotta go with TUC as well.

15. Connie 1701

Connie 1701 Ensign Newbie

I would pick Defiant's bridge anyday with Constitution-Class bridge(pre Alternate) close second

16. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And a chair for Worf!

17. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

I liked the Ent-D's bridge from "Yesterday's Enterprise". Really made it seem like a Battleship command centre, and the demeanor of the crew fit it well too.

18. Galactic Alignment

Galactic Alignment Captain Captain

Like the original poster, I like the USS Prometheus' bridge (the one in the DS9 episode Second Sight). Believably functional, and logically laid-out. Only quibble is that it seems too small to be a bridge for a large ship like one of the Nebula class, but I'm assuming that behind the scenes they intended the Prom to be a smaller ship, but had to use the Nebula model for some reason.

19. cybersoldier

cybersoldier Commander Red Shirt

Its a toss up between the Enterprise-D bridge in Generations and the Enterprise-E

20. Keith1701

Keith1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I agree, Enterprise-E has always been my favorite as well.:techman::)