ENTERPRISE, and T & A.

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by miraclefan, May 13, 2009.

1. miraclefan

miraclefan Commodore Commodore

Who's bright Idea was it at paramount to add T&A on ENTERPRISE? did they really think that was going to get people to watch? I myself was a tad turned off by it all. I mean, I know the saying SEX SELLS! but aparently nobody got the memo with Enterprise. So, what do you think? should ENT have had more or less skin? should TPTB even botherd with that? Was it just a desperate attempt at fast ratings?

2. Middleman

Middleman Captain Captain

I had no ploblems with what I saw on my DVDs (didn't see Enterprise during it's first run). I thought it all worked well.

3. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

Catsuits may have been silly, but I got nothing against some T&A from now and then.

4. The Sneeze Police

The Sneeze Police Captain Captain

I tend to be conservative in many of my views, and no, I didn't think there was an excessive amounts of skin, T & A on ENT.

5. Count Zero

Count Zero No nation but procrastination Moderator

It was an integral part of ENT from the start, so I have no idea what you mean when you say they added it.
    Maybe you're referring to T'Pol's scene with Trip? If so, I think it was high time modern Trek became less prudish. Sexuality is a normal part of life and therefore should be a part of drama, too. HBO series are usually overdoing it, but they could have done a bit more with it on ENT, I think. Overall, it was ok. The catsuit, however, was sort of stupid.

6. SFRabid

SFRabid Commodore Commodore

I'll admit I thought the same thing the first time I saw Enterprise, but then I realized that it is no different than the original series. Yeomen in miniskirts and Kirk without his shirt every other episode. Maybe this is one of they ways they were trying to be more like TOS than TNG.

7. Hoshi's sis

Hoshi's sis Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It was no different from the amount of T & A in the original series, so it didn't really bother me.

8. Penguin

Penguin Commander Red Shirt

I would have gone along with a different Uniform for T-Pol than that Catsuit. It could have been a little tight across the butt and around the Bust but not too much.

Season four when t-Pol joined Star fleet she should have worn a Star Fleet Uniform.

Jolene was beautiful enough to give Ent al of the Sex it needed. Hell Hoshi had her own brand of sexuality.

No T&A just for the sake of T&A.

Of course, in two Days and Two nights they could have had T-Pol go to the surface and go swimming in a brief Bikini.

9. commodore64

commodore64 Vice Admiral Admiral

Miraclefan, yeah, I think at times the writers thought they could shortcut things by providing T&A as if we wouldn't notice flaws.

I have nothing against T&A, but think having a well-constructed story with interesting characters are much more important. I wish the writers did, too. :(

10. Middleman

Middleman Captain Captain

While I agree with your sentiment :techman: , I just could not picture that happening. :(

11. Penguin

Penguin Commander Red Shirt

Middleman, neither can I but it sure conjurs up some daydrams.

I once invisioned Trip and T-Pol on a beach. t-Pol first comes out Nude and trips tells her that she has to put on a swim suit, then t-Poll comes out in a Gay 90's Swim suit tha goes fron the neck down the the ankles.
    Trip racts violently. Finally t-Pol comes out in a bikini and Trip grins like an idiot.

I do fatanzie at night.:devil:

12. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

T & A has always been part of Star Trek.

13. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

While I agree with the sentiment, the problem is that the de-con scene in the pilot was completely asexual while trying to be sexual. It was two sexually attractive people in their undies rubbing gel all over each other while having a sober conversation about politics and the psychology of a third party. It was ridiculous.

If they were trying to sexualise Trek then they'd get no complaint from me, but they were just just throwing T&A into a regular exposition scene and the whole thing was pathetic.

14. Count Zero

Count Zero No nation but procrastination Moderator

Like the catsuit the decon scenes were just silly. While showing the difference to later Trek with its bio-filters was a good idea, the decon chamber was just introduced for gratuitous T&A.
    I should stop thinking too much about ENT, though, otherwise it loses a lot of its appeal to me. ;)

15. commodore64

commodore64 Vice Admiral Admiral

I agree 100%. Nicely worded.

16. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

There was practically no T and A at all. It's only very very slightly more sex content than the other series, really because we see Trip and T'Pol together for one scene. You see Ezri and Bashir together rather erotically in one episode (I think the finale) of DS9 and it's no sexier than that.

It's totally behind every other tv show out there as far as sex content goes.

I agree that the decon scene was not even remotely sexy. Trip running around in his undies when everyone was asleep was a sexier episode.

Personally I don't want T and A, I want good storylines and if there is erotic/romantic subtext and tension ALL the better.

17. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

Actually, it was more blatant than in TOS. Kirk never rubbed stuff on anybody in decom.

18. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

He rubbed stuff with his eyes.

19. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, but the point is, on TOS it was more subtle.

20. Ro Boat

Ro Boat Lieutenant Red Shirt

That's primarily because it was made in the 60s.