Marvel All New, All Different - Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, May 30, 2010.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Mocking bird was replaced in the mid thirties of West Coast Avengers, it was the Skrull who changed her mind about the Divorce, and I could have sworn I saw a Flashback that set Hank's swapout at about the same time.

The only truly distinct thing about Hank, is that if a woman pisses him off, he breaks her nose, which is almost exactly what was about to happen until Agent Chang chemically castrated Doctor Pym.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...en-GB:official&client=firefox-a&hl=en&ct=clnk

I stand corrected, as usual.

2. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

Wait, according to SI, I thought Mockingbird wasn't really replaced. She dissappeared when she supposedly "died" in the comics, and thats when she was captured, but they didn't have a scrull replacement until those skrulls dressed like old versions of the heroes all landed together and were confronted by the current versions of the heroes. Then, Hawkeye met a skrull with all the memories of Mockingbird, and thought it was her. I was sure they said she was captured by skrulls instead of killed like everyone thought, and that was how they brought her back, not that she was replaced then the skrull replacement killed.

As for Pym, we know he was the one who attacked his wife, based off a conversation he had with Jocasta in some comic right after SI. When they showed the scene where he was replaced, Wasp was in one part and I think, the way it ended up, it was obvious that Pym and her were already at the point where they were completely done. I forget when it was shown (probably in Mighty Avengers, maybe the same issue with the conversation with Jocasta) but they talked, then he went off to screw a random woman, who turned out to be a skrull. All that made it seem to me that he was replaced either right before or after dissassembled.

3. Guy Gardener

Anyone that tries to redeem Henry or remove what he did from history is a massive asshole, or probably Geoff Johns (Hal Jordan, didn't decimate the Green Lantern Crops and destroy the universe? #####.). That was never in doubt... What I loved though was the issue of Avengers Initiative where Skrull Pym is riding a nuclear missile in flight like a bronco steering it away from the school and the thought bubble reads "And they all still just think of me as the guy who hit his wife."

The Crossing, which was quickly swept under the rug, claims that Pym was driven insane by kang which is why he snapped and belted Janet.

ARRGGGH!

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix5/mockingbird_skrull.htm

NONONO!

This is not a good day for me.

4. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

I liked Avengers A.I. Enough to be in for the first arc, at least. I didn't think Pym's personality was too off in comparison to how Dan Slott portrayed him in Mighty Avengers.

5. Guy Gardener

Okay. Now I'm tweaking.

Uncanny X-Men.

Tweaking.

Stephen Strange is not the same sort of letch as Tony Stark, Stark is entitled and believes the universe owes him sex because he's awesome. Stephen on the other hand is always on Mushrooms or something altogether the same but better than mushrooms, so he doesn't understand why everyone in the universe is not knocking boots, including but not primarily himself. 3/4s of his supposedly documented adventures have just been acid flashbacks in the back of a K-mart parking lot where he's starring off with raccoons for expired pastries in the garbage skips.

Strange is the professor who sleeps with the hot co-ed.

Stark is the boss who bends his secretary over his desk.

(Neither is good. It's an obvious abuse of power.)

The same but different.

Golly.

Stephen's new Apprentice.

Golly, golly.

How old is Illyanna supposed to be anyway?

6. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

Wasn't Pym's origin in AI just a straight lift of Ultimate Reed Richards?

7. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

I hope isn't going to go nuts and nuke Washington D.C.

8. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

Kang nuked Washington already.

9. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Illyanna is the same age as Kitty Pryde, so early 20's I guess.

10. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Has it really been that long since Kitty joined the team? She was 13 or 14 when she joined, right?

11. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

She was 13 1/2 when she joined the team. Turned 14 when they were in space fighting the brood. I would prefer if she were still a teen, no more than 17/18, but they've been playing more 20's. She's the Headmistress as the Jean Grey School without anyone ever mentioning how young she is for the role.

Edited to add: I think she turned 18 when she was in the UK with Excalibur and started banging Pete Wisdom.

12. Guy Gardener

She turned 16 in the mid teens of excalibur, when the restof the team was lost cross time. Courtney Ross was Kitty's "Guardian" and by the late thirties, they were parodying Saint Trinians where Kitty was (literally) running around in plaid short skirt and knee socks playing field hockey.

They jumped ahead almost 10 years out of no where, when she returned to Xavier's school around about the same time they were keeping Sabertooth in the basement.

Illyanna might have been the same age Kitty at "some" points in their friendship, but thegirl travels through time, and lets remember that this version of Strange she's studying with is from "just" after Giant Size X-Men #1, that he's met Piotor but doesn't know about the (80s version) New Mutants whch takes us back to Kitty pride being 13 and a 1/2 as a chronology indicator.

The "age" thing doesn't bother me.

This is just purely about "shipping".

Although is Stephen's actual "girlfriend" at this point in his timeline Clea or Morganna Blessing?

13. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

And Franklin Richards is still what? Eight years old? Does this mean he was born after Kitty joined the X-Men?:p

14. Guy Gardener

Well, he was 16 years old for half a decade in and around Fantastic Force before Franklin got kicked back to a 4 year old, and Tony Stark was promoted from a 17 year old frat boy out of touch with his alcoholism back to an adult genius industrialist with a mechanical liver.

In recent history his human flesh and blood liver has been regenerated.

15. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

Speaking of time-lines, I didn't realise that as originally presented, Starlord was from 15 years in the future - 1989 to be precise...

16. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Everytime we discuss character ages or timelines...it makes me think of how much EJA used to get so irritated about these things.

17. Turtletrekker

Post-"Infinity", Marvel books will be branded (similar to Dark Reign, Heroic Age and so forth) with the label "Inhumanity" (Potential Infinity spoilers at the link).

Most intriguing for me...

Accompanying the announcement is a new teaser drawn by Steve McNiven showing "characters who will feature prominently in the" new status quo. The image shows Black Bolt and Medusa, the Inhuman king and queen, along with Falcon, Iron Man, Silver Surfer, Black Widow, Thor, old Guardians of the Galaxy member Yondu (who is incidentally rumored to be in the Guardians movie), Winter Soldier, a newly costumed Wolverine, newcomer to the Marvel Universe Angela... and perhaps most intriguing, a Spider-Man that looks more like his Amazing costume than Superior, and in the background of it all - the long-dead Nightcrawler of the X-Men!
    Especially that last one. :eek::)

Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
  18. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Perhaps my original prediction of Peter returning in control of his body before the film next year will turn out to be right after all. Matt Fraction is writing Inhumanity which means it will either be awesome or suck. I really like Logan's new costume, looks like this will take place after whatever Paul Cornell's doing with him in the upcoming "Killable". Yes, I'm very interested in this.

19. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

Wolverine's new costume looks pretty stupid, but I'm definately interested in this. I like the Inhumans, so it would be cool to see more of Black Bolt and Medusa, and seeing the real Spidey return is probably one of the things I want most from Marvel right now.

20. Turtletrekker