Captain Picard Prank

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Captain McBain, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Infern0

Infern0 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think only Riker could get away with it, and he'd still get a stern talking to.

anyone else would get sacked.

2. not

not Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Infern0, what about Data?
    In the context of trying to be human? His innocence gave him a license to play pranks too.

3. T J

T J Commodore Commodore

Agony booth, set to copious bowl relieving! :evil:

4. Captrek

Captrek Vice Admiral Admiral

In the Worf-dunking incident alluded to above, Data dunked Beverly in an attempt to participate in human behavior. Geordi said it wasn't funny, giving Data to think he was flawed and needed the emotion chip to progress.

IMO, Geordi was full of it. Data dunking Beverly was funnier than Riker dunking Worf.

5. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I agree... Riker removing the plank was just another example of him being a jerk. Beverly laughing over it and telling Data he needs to "get into the spirit of things" well.. that was just asking for it.

6. Anji

Anji Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Assisting in the birth of baby Horta on Janus VI
    First, he'd wipe the remaining water from the top of his bald head.
    Second, he'd give everyone a stern look.
    And then he'd bust out laughing.

He's a tough cookie but he's not a prig.

7. R. Star

You don't remember the early TNG Picard who just grunted disdainfully at the crew and glared as they applauded him recovering from surgery as if they were bothering him. :p

8. Marsden

Marsden Commodore Commodore

I agree, that pissed me off. But almost everytime something I thought something was funny someone on the show told the other person it wasn't.

I especially remember the Joe Piscapo episode, I thought Data was funny and everyone acted so condescending towards him and his attempts at comedy.

9. R. Star

Well, with the people Data had around him setting the example, it's no wonder he never could understand humor. :p