Lack of female assassins in Assassin's Creed? 'Reality of production'

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Shaka Zulu, Jun 12, 2014.

1. martok2112

martok2112 Commodore Commodore

Re: Lack of female assassins in Assassin's Creed? 'Reality of producti

(deleted....not worth the time)

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  2. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

The only thing I quoted was your reply, I didn't include anything above it, so don't say that I altered what you said.

3. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston

Stay classy

Mutenroshi's change wasn't the sexist part.

Classy to the end.

4. martok2112

If you misread, then I'll apologize. Mutenroshi is the one who maliciously altered my words....and I was sure I had pointed that out previously.

But, I'll simply bow out before the P.C. jackboots start impotently raging on me.

5. martok2112

Kodos, did I attack anyone in my original statement? No.
    If I offended anyone with my non-attacking original statement, then fine, I wholeheartedly, and without reservation, apologize. :)

Mutnroshi's change of my words was indeed a personal attack though. Last I checked, that was an actionable offense.

6. { Emilia }

{ Emilia } Cute but deadly Moderator

The only actual attack was your deleted post I suppose.

ETA: Ah, but there you go again:

You poor, poor thing.

7. martok2112

Hi, I am Martok2112. I am a properly wired, heterosexual male who enjoys the vision of sexy women. But I also respect them. Males have their fantasies. Females have theirs too. If a female were to start going on about how they might enjoy whatever passes for today's male sex symbols, do you really think anyone is going to raise a fuss? No. Why? Because people are entitled to have their fantasies, even if they don't come to fruition in so much as a chance meeting. I am also well aware that the "people" I spoke of in my original post are......wait for it......fictional characters! And folk are going to get offended by that? Wow....what a world we live in.

For the record, even though I love looking at sexy women in real life (and I have many female friends who are indeed very sexy), they also know that I fully respect them. I do not speak to them in any manner that they would deem offensive. If I compliment them, it is an honest, from the heart flattery that I offer. It is not the smug mysogeny of some slimeball piece of excrement that folks seem so ready to label me as being.

But, I will be damned for speaking of fictional characters in a rather objectifying manner. Indeed, these are truly interesting times we live in.

I openly defy and despise political correctness for the hypocritical ideology that it is.

8. { Emilia }

[​IMG]

9. Gov Kodos

A heroic martyr to be sure.

10. { Emilia }

Fighting the good fight against the oppression of the straight white male.

I wish I could be his brother.

11. martok2112

But, the question is:
    Do you see me oppressing anyone?

We live in a world that is constamtly changing. I am doing my best to adjust with it. But, that doesn't mean I can't hang on to a few old school beliefs.

Having said that:
    Do you see me calling for the return of homosexuals to the closet?

Do you see me bemoaning any demise of the straight white male (or female)?

Do you see me invoking any racism, homophobia, or bigotry of any form?

No. I merely stated that I am against political correctness. And since when did that become the rallying cry solely of the straight white male?

Try to give a little honesty about one's self, and all one gets is more derision.

Truly I have met the embodiment of IDIC.

I am unfamiliar with the person you have used as a gif reply to my statement...but I can only surmise that it is someone you do not hold in any high esteem.

Quite alright. It is of no moment to me, and therefore not relevant to any effort to try and bring an amicable end to this.

So, do you wish to bring this to a peaceful end, and carry on?

Personally, I'm ready to continue friendlier discussion. And not because I'm caving into any kind of pressure from those who think they're ganging up on me. But because I never meant any attack or offense against anyone in the first place. I was not the one who opened hostilities...and if you're honest folk, you'll see the truth of the matter.
    Ball's in your court.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  12. Gov Kodos

Poor pitiful you.

13. { Emilia }

I'm still not sure what the "properly wired" means in his sentence about being a heterosexual male but I'm glad he had the courage to come out as heterosexual.

Regarding the actual topic of the thread I recently remembered I played a game about a female assassin a while ago: Velvet Assassin.
    Wasn't too terrible from what I remember.

14. martok2112

French female assassin in WW II setting, yes? Did I not hear that it was based on some historical fact? I could be mistaken.

Emilia, By "properly wired".....I mean not some creepy guy that Mutenroshi took it upon himself to paint me as. But it seems you wish to continue the antagonism by saying I had the "courage to come out as heterosexual". That's on your head...not mine.

Kodos, if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.....so, we can either try to resolve amicably, or you can STFU! You're not scoring any points by being antagonistic, and so ill-suitedly condescending.

15. { Emilia }

Apparently yes (well, British).

16. Gov Kodos

Such a shame.

17. martok2112

Hmmm...ok. Don't know where I got French from...but cool. :). The game is several years old. I might have been thinking on some pre-release report....again...several years ago.

There is a game I have on PS3 called "Remember Me". The protagonist is a female who can shuffle/alter the memories of others. Combat is slightly similar to the Bataman Arkham series, but not quite as smooth sometimes.

18. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

The fact that your subconscious (and obviously your very conscious state too) gets high on hot chicks fighting (your wording, not mine) is no concern of mine. Period.

But that little emboldened gem steals all credibility. And the fact that I added "creepy" in your original text and that offended you to no end when asking yourself what could have I said wrong didn't even register is quite telling.

Cast as many stones as you will.

19. martok2112

You are not in possession of any facts about me regarding my conscious or subconscious. Do not presume otherwise.

I do not recall seeking your approval.

You are no one to sit in judgment of me for being human. Did you see me casting judgment on anyone else in my original statement?

You were all too quick to be offended by an opinion that attacked no person....that is rather telling.

Changing someone's text and then saying FTFY is not a sign of amicability. Do you always attack folk you don't even know?

20. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

It takes a lot of courage to stand up against political correctness, lemme tell ya!

Poor white guys, when will they catch a break? When will it be OK to demean and objectify women again? Why does society hate plain ol' fashioned hot-blooded heteronormative sexism? Really, has that ever hurt anybody? :(