Star Trek: Starships Model/Magazine Subscription

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by trekker670, May 21, 2013.

1. Toxteth O´Grady

Toxteth O´Grady Captain Captain

:lol: Apparently!

One design on Voyager that I did like was the Relativity. I'm holding out hope that Eaglemoss eventually gets to it. In fact, I loved everything about the 29th century version of Starfleet. For only being seen once, the uniforms were very impressive to me and I liked the different division colors they used. I wouldn't mind seeing a Star Trek series about a timeship from that era.

2. Kpnuts

Kpnuts Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

:lol: Fair enough. I quite like the Prometheus, I just think all three have such standard, lazy shapes. Oh and the Nova is the definition of fugly and badly proportioned (IMO :P)

I think it's on the provisional list of 70 Eaglemoss put out. I imagine it will be made eventually, hopefully with the changeable colouring depending on the angle you look at it (can't think of the term for that)

3. Toxteth O´Grady

That would be impressive if it did have that, but I'm not counting on it.

My opinion of the Nova, Dauntless and Prometheus may change once I have the models. My memory of those ships, though, was that they were bland.

4. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

The Dauntless? As in the fake ship from Hope and Fear?

5. Toxteth O´Grady

6. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

Although if ENT: Azati Prime is to go by, Starfleet apparently copied the design of the Dauntless in time for the Battle of Procyon V in the 26th Century ;)

7. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

Yet it's not Starfleet, why give out about its design?

8. Toxteth O´Grady

I know it's not Starfleet. I still think it's a bland ship.

9. Asbo Zaprudder

Asbo Zaprudder Admiral Admiral

Iridescence

A thin coating of a suitable type of lacquer might achieve that effect.

10. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

11. Asbo Zaprudder

Asbo Zaprudder Admiral Admiral

12. Markonian

Markonian Fleet Admiral Moderator

The models are beginning to flood ebay.de :bolian: I've got a subscription (still waiting for Issue 3 & 4 btw) but this helps to shorten the wait for some of my favourites.

The prices are about ten to fiften Euro more than the retail version, which seems reasonable going the quality of the model and considering it had to be shipped from the British Isles to here. :bolian:

Now I'm eagerly awaiting my new Borg sphere and USS Thunderchild. Quite fitting actually, keeping in mind that the Thunderchild fought the Borg in 2373 (TNG: First Contact) and 2380 (TNG: Before Dishonor).

What's left to do is to keep my significant other ignorant about the fact that I'll end up with some of the models twice. :devil:

I wonder what the odds are of Eaglemoss taking up some Expanded Universe ships, like the Aventine, Titan, the NX-class refit (called Columbia-class in ENT: Rise of the Federation) and STO's Enterprise-F? There are some cool models out there waiting to happen.

13. Yanks

Yanks Commodore Commodore

Interesting. I made my subcription online and have been billed on time and received all the models in a reasonale time as well.

The only "wait" I had was for my replacement DS9.

14. Eliczo

Eliczo Lieutenant Red Shirt

Oh I made my original subscription online and never had a problem with it, the possible delay apparently can happen when your ordering from their online shop, as it quotes a delivery of 2-3 working days, and I think I ordered them last tuesday, so will be expecting to have arrived about now, but even if they take more time thats okay with me, I actually rang them today to resubscribe as it was too tempting, very good service on the phone.

15. Kevman7987

Kevman7987 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I subscribed before everything started and have gotten all of the American releases so far. Fortunately I haven't had any of the ships arrive broken or mangled (My TMP Enterprise saucer is attached at angle though).

Their schedule with me is that I get my ships second week of the month and pay for the next month the following week. Everything is always on time too.

I am confused as to why I haven't received an email about the NuEnterprise special though; Thought it would be coming out in April since the Brits got theirs in March.

16. mtblillie

mtblillie Captain Captain

Same here, I got billed an extra $30 or so, but I don't know if that is for another binder or something other than the Abramprise.

17. Luminus

Luminus Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

They're considering it. (Scroll to bottom)

18. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Looks like the Stargazer is going to get the same nacelle treatment as the refit from issue 1 with blue matter acquisition sinks (before they called them bussards), and the main hull looks a little on the thin side.

19. Kevman7987

Kevman7987 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I've only been charged the regular $30 so far. I wonder if they don't have enough to cover all their international customers and are staggering the American release of the special?

20. trekker670

trekker670 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Same here, I was charged the regular $39, and got excited thinking it was the NuPrise on its way, but then compared with previous statements and my guess is that it's simply for the next set of issues.