Greg's Trek Ships and Things

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by STRenegade, Feb 27, 2013.

?

Favorite Era?

1. ENT

8 vote(s)
    6.2%
  2. Pre-TOS

15 vote(s)
    11.5%
  3. TOS

69 vote(s)
    53.1%
  4. TMP

48 vote(s)
    36.9%
  5. Lost Era

15 vote(s)
    11.5%
  6. Next Gen

21 vote(s)
    16.2%
  7. Next Gen (DS9)

18 vote(s)
    13.8%
  8. Next Gen (Voyager)

14 vote(s)
    10.8%
  9. TNG Movies

13 vote(s)
    10.0%
  10. Post NEM

13 vote(s)
    10.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. STRenegade

STRenegade Commander Red Shirt

I hope this is the right place for this. Some of you may know my work from Deviantart, Sci-fi Meshes, or Foundation 3d. I've been doing 3D for almost 3 years now. I'm not really sure how to continue this, so I'll just post my work. Saw something about attachments after 100 posts, so I'll url them until then.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Yea a lot of pics. I usually update a few at a time, this is just a collection of the past two months. And please don't ask where you can download these models when I am done with them.
    Deviantart: http://glennshatowski.deviantart.com/
    Blog: http://renegadeinitiative.wordpress.com/
    Don't be afraid to ask questions about stuff. Last thing is no stupid comments about why something is protruding out of the side or something of that nature. Most of the time it's text or windows that I'm trying to figure out the locations for.

ThankYouGeneR likes this.
  2. Albertese

Albertese Commodore Commodore

Nice. Personally, (I won't lie) I have no interest in a buggy. But your starship's are top-notch. I'd love to see more!

--Alex

3. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Nice work! Saw most of your stuff over on SFM (I don't post much there anymore). Looks like you have a lot of different projects going on. Just different ideas, or do you plan to finish some of these?

4. Psion

Psion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I love some of the concepts you're bringing to the warp nacelles. There are influences from the best of TOS and JJ Trek. Please show some animations, if you have the time ... those nacelles probably look gorgeous in action!

5. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Hey Greg! Welcome aboard! Ignore that bit about attachments you saw. On TBBS everything is linked from image sites like photobucket or imgur.

Nice to see your work here. I keep up with your thread on SFM as well.

6. JES

JES Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I am somewhat familiar with your work, and have to say that your attention to detail is excellent, and your modeling skills have grown into something to be reckoned with, when compared to your earlier works.

However, I've had difficulty integrating the events of your own personal Canon into my own. The idea that the race (who according to you are known as the Machina) that built the Planet Killers are still alive, and apparently bloodthirsty does contradict the accounts explained in some novels, which to my knowledge were built to destroy the Borg by the Preservers, as most likely a last resort. In fact, in the novel Before Dishonor, the same Planet Killer that was disabled by the Enterprise was later used against the Borg.
    I will grant that the novels might not be considered canon, and a race that built the Doomsday Machines would make an interesting, formidable adversary.

However, I haven't found any mention of the one canon vessel that carries the name Renegade (NCC-63102; New Orleans class), and in fact your timeline has yet to make any mention of this vessel, which surprises me, because being a canon vessel, I would have thought that the New Orleans class Renegade would play a major role in your timeline, but I'm disappointed to not find any mentions of her. In fact, by using lettered registries, this only seems to preclude her existence.

7. Albertese

JES, really? Let him have fun with it!

--Alex

8. STRenegade

JES, if you have been following me recently than you would realize most of your information is outdated anyways. That was back when I was creating my own timeline. If you have been following most of my journals, then you would of seen recently I have been moving towards following the Prime canon better. I don't accept anything out of TV shows and movies as canon (and in the case of the Abrams films, Alt-Canon). Every once in a while I do like ideas people present in the novels, although how they got rid of the Borg was a terrible idea.

The Machina do not create the Doomsday Machine. The Doomsday Machine is still created by an unknown race for unknown purposes, although I believe it was used for mining or something of the sort and it had a pilot, and someone forgot to shut it off. The Za'du (previously known as the Jularni) tried to control the Doomsday Machina when it passed through their galaxy in hoping they you could use it to end the Machina threat, but it ultimately failed and where forced to use the Machina's Hyperacceleration gate to send it to another galaxy (since they didn't have a way to destroy it). Whether this is the same one Kirk encounters is hypothetical.

The Machina are not blood thirsty killers and they are not alive, mostly because they are machines. They don't no pain or fear, or joy like organic lifeforms do. They are not necessarily evil, but they do have a tendency to make other species go extinct. Most of them are like drones, following commands from a higher up, but each unit has their own basic AI that adapts and learns the longer that unit is functioning. The first Machina created, General Ra's is the leader and has been around for thousands of years. They were created in this other galaxy by a now extinct species, although most of the design actually came from an alien life-form from another galaxy.

As for the Renegade, she exists outside of Starfleet. The group she belongs to works for the Federation and was commissioned by them, but they have little to do with Starfleet, although they have similar uniforms, ships, and sometimes the occasional Starfleet officer working with them. They are like another branch of the military, similar to the USA.

At one point I had considered having the New-Orleans Renegade as part of the line, but since scrapped that idea for a less restrictive approach. And at the time the New Orleans one was around the R-D had been destroyed years prior, sabotaged by an unknown terrorist group on its maiden voyage. The R-E wouldn't launch until shortly after the events of First Contact.

9. STRenegade

Last one for a while, since I got 3 day drill. gave each ship a class name. The Azrael will be the last starship I do based on ships from the Original Series era. I'm going to try and head in other directions for ship designs to mix things up a little.
    [​IMG]

10. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

I like your Clark-class design. It's a much improved and more convincing take on a pre TOS idea from Matt Jefferies' early sketches. I've always thought the Daedalus design looked stupid.

11. JES

JES Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Believe it or not, the same thought had occurred in my head too!

It is constantly clashing between the idea of just not worrying about canon, and the opposite! But I constantly come to the conclusion that part of the fun of fan-fiction is building upon canon.

And there is a lot of stuff on Memory Beta that could be potentially fun to reference.

Yeah, sorry about that, I try to follow a little on DeviantArt, but I think that trying to read through all of the journals could easily become a little too time consuming. I'm hoping that now that you have started posting on here, I'll get caught up better. I would like to make an account on DeviantArt one day, but not until I feel I have enough artwork to form a worthy gallery, or at least complete a schematic for one of my designs.

I actually didn't mind how the Caeliar got rid of the Borg in the ST: Destiny novel, and see this as an opportunity to introduce a new adversary, though apparently, not everyone feels the same about this, at least about getting rid of the Borg.

So hypothetically, the Preservers could still be the builders of the Doomsday Machine (or at least this wouldn't contradict your timeline idea)?

Well, I sort of knew that the term blood thirsty wasn't the best term to use, but I decided to let it stand at the time I typed it. I suppose the term destructive might be more applicable? Or that the Machina just simply put themselves first, and everyone else last, and if to the Machina's agendas harm or kill others in the process, then tough luck for the other species in question?

I definitely find a lot of potential in the Machina, and think they could easily be a fascinating adversary. It would be fascinating to learn more about their past (specifically about who created them), as well as getting to understand their thought processes. Were their creators destroyed by some sort of cataclysm or war (or perhaps they did themselves in?), or did their own creations turn on them?

That is an interesting point, though I'm under the impression that only Starfleet vessels carry a Navigational Contract Code. I have to remark that hypothetically, not being a part of Starfleet would mean that your vessels that carry the name Renegade would be contradictions to the canon vessel to carry the name.

I think I see where you're coming from here: if you used the New Orleans class vessel, either you would have to drastically alter events, or you would have the New Orleans Renegade destroyed at some point to be replaced by what had become the Renegade-E. You weren't willing to get rid of one or both of the following events: the Enterprise-D era Renegade is destroyed, or the presence an Enterprise-E era Renegade, but you also didn't want to destroy a canon vessel, so you came up with the best compromise you could think of, and made a Renegade that wasn't a part of Starfleet, and so wouldn't contradict the New Orleans class vessel that carries the same name.

Am I right in assuming that the Azrael is supposed to be related to the Saladin-class Destroyer of the same name?

I think that the Clark reminds me of a few other designs I've seen before. I still kind of prefer the look of how the sections of the Daedalus class are connected to this example however. There is just something that seems off when the interconnecting tube is connected by the center of both sections.

12. STRenegade

I never cared for the Daedalus in it's other form. It looked like the ball end would smash into the ass end when the ship went to warp. Way too fragile a design in my opinion.
    The Azrael-class is the same ship of the Saladin. The Aquila is a name from a list of ships from the Hermes-class(not that kingdom from Conan the Barbarian); and the Clrak-class came from the Ptolemy-class ship of the same name. Columbus I figured was appropriate for my other ship, being mostly an explorer, although naming it after an early explorer that unintentionally misplace thousands of Native Americans and caused the cultural extinction of a few Central and South American civilizations might prove otherwise. :D

As for the Preservers I doubt they created the Doomsday Machine. Doesn't fit their description. However if they did create it, I assume they only did so to prevent other lifeforms to go extinct if it was in fact used to fight the Borg. I find it very unlikely that it was a weapon used against the Borg.

13. STRenegade

More work with paneling and stuff. Rebuilt the secondary hull and deflector so it flows better. I have to admit that I have been neglecting the secondary hull and the bottom of the saucer concerning details. Also that engineering area needs to be redone. Doesn't have the right flow.

Also found my old Federation D7 in one of my old files. Ha good times.
    [​IMG]

14. Albertese

Nice! I love the Feddie D-7... looks like it's wearing a sombrero. I expect it's about to start yelling "Ariba!" and have brightly colored tissue paper streamers. Makes me want to find some tortilla chips and a good spicy salsa!

--Alex

15. Mykl

Mykl Ensign Newbie

I enjoyed this post. As Trekkies, we need to be able to laugh at ourselves. That is why I never adopted the term Trekker.
    Having played a lot of Star Trek RPG over the years, starting when TWOK was the newest movie, fans have had to create their own 'universes' or canons. It's neat to see other ideas. We just need to remember this is all imagination, which is why it's so powerful.
    Of the soap box. Thanks for sharing.

16. STRenegade

17. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So would it have blue warp nacelles and a Shatner Pez dispenser? :lol:
    [​IMG]

18. Albertese

heh-heh... good times...

--Alex

19. BK613

BK613 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So where is the ship with that hot nacelle in the first post?

20. STRenegade

I have no explanation. It's probably best not to ask anyways.
    The shit you make when....
    FED D7 design and model by me (Greg Stitz).
    Also if you know the original artist of the background starfield let me know.
    All trademarked names belong to their respective owners. No copyright infringement intended or implied.
    [​IMG]