Star Wars Episode 7 - 2015

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JoeZhang, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Sci

Sci Fleet Admiral Admiral

Because of course George Lucas would never compromise his artistic vision for the sake of money. Everyone knows he's an uncompromising artiste. That's why he thought them tooth and nail when they tried to get him to insert characters like Jar-Jar Binks into the series.

ETA:

While I'm not fan of yet another round of corporate mergers and ownership centralization, it's only fair to note that the Walt Disney Company seems to have developed a track record of successfully managing major properties. Pixar has continued to thrive since becoming a Disney subsidiary. As mentioned above, Disney successfully revived the Muppets from deep freeze last year. And perhaps most notably, Marvel has had its greatest success under Disney in the form of The Avengers this year. So if Disney can do well by Marvel, I think they can probably do well by Star Wars.

2. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

It would be classy of Disney to turn that into Princess Leia's castle on Alderaan instead. :D

3. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Correction, Jason Segel brought back the Muppets after Disney sat on the property for 20 years not knowing what to do with it.
    No, Disney will just put the movies into "the vault" and only release them for sale every 5 to 10 years.

4. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Well, maybe Jason Segel should write the new Star Wars movie too! Star Wars: A Rock Opera :lol:

5. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

And how would that be any different from Mal Reynolds? ;)

Me, I'm calling BS on this. Even if they started filming right this minute, there's no way they could get a film ready for release by 2015. Blockbusters, SW films especially, take years to make.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

Disney fans have wondered why there is not a full Star Wars park. Instead of that announced Avatar land. There will surely be Star Wars one at some point now. With the Avatar deal maybe scrapped. That never made any sense. It was one successful film with sequels years away. Plus DIsney does not even own that. Now it owns SW and that has tons of material to develop a park around.

7. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Eh, Disney seems to be pretty resourceful.

8. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

I knew the Fillions fans would chime in, but I'm sure Disney will be looking for moderately or very big movie actor names, Jennifer Lawrence and Anthony Mackie are the type they'd go for. Rosenbaum has done some movies, I'd say he's the lower range of movie notoriety to be considered for such an incredibly high profile role that everyone will be freakng out over, for good or ill.

And they'll look for actors around age 25 for Luke & Leia, and 30-35 for Han and Lando.

9. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

According to the article, they want to make "Episiode 7" and a lot of other movies within the franchise, so more Ewok Adventures and whatnot. No mention on whether or not Ep. 7 will be part of another trilogy.

That would be nice.

10. marillion

marillion Vice Admiral Admiral

That's a pretty damn quick turn around, in my mind... Unless they already have scripts in draft/development.. Or then again, maybe that doesn't matter...

I don't want to see original roles recast... Unless Mark Hamill is in there playing "wizened old Jedi Master," I'd rather see this take place farther into the future... Technically speaking you could have the droids and Chewie of course, but there's no way Ford will do it and, not to be too indelicate here, but I don't think Carrie could hack it.. Just my opinion, of course...

I'd rather see a, ahem, "next generation of Jedi" twice removed, dealing with some new threat to the Republic...

11. Lucky

Lucky Captain Captain

Okay...I wasn't expecting any of this at all. I'm stunned.

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

Oh and I would be surprised if George does not have a credit on this new movie. I am sure he will be a creative consultant at least.

13. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

They could just decide to film the Zahn trilogy...

14. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

This news is going to own all genre message boards for the next week as details emerge.

I don't recall Disney buying Marvel for $4Billion being big news.

I think this is bigger for the sheer fact an EPISODE 7 is being touted as not only coming but being given a general target date!!

I think they'll have no trouble getting Mark Hamil to return in some capacity. The Droids are easy enough as would Chewie if need be. I don't see an immediate scenario where Carrie Fisher or Harrison Ford return. Uncle Luke can mentor the twins in an Obi-Wan role to the twins depending on how they structure this.

15. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I bet we can also start seeing a bunch of CGI Star Wars adventures popping up. It seems every few months Tinkerbell has a new DVD on the shelves.

16. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

I want flash backs of Mara Jade in her prime. We are long over due for live action Mara.

17. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

I don't think it'll be a reboot, but a sequel. There may be Threepio and Artoo--and perhaps some new kid that will be the newest in the Skywalker line--but I think it will indeed be something that builds on the previous six films. Unlike Star Trek, Star Wars really doesn't have that much onscreen baggage. Even the Clone Wars TV series sits in its own pocket corner, when you think about it.

18. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Disney just added another Princess to their catalogue.

19. bryce

bryce Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm really not sure what I feel about this...George Lucas *not* writing/directing means it could be good...by just because GL isn't a part of this is no guarantee of quality...it all depends on who's on the creative team that writes, produc...es and directs...and given Hollywood's recent track record (especially on big-budget blockbusters franchises that are just out to make money...)

Plus, is 2015 enough time to write and plan and make a quality film!? I'd prefer it if the plan was to *start* production in 2015...unless Lucas uses one of his old outlines for episodes 7-9...but even them. I'd prefer this have a "Lord of the Rings" style preproduction process...if it's to be any good.

Plus...episodes 1-3 really burned me out of Star Wars. It they can redeem it, I'm all for it...but I'd rather they not run it further into the ground, you know?

20. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

The modern moviemaking process disagrees. They could start filming by mid-2013 at the earliest and easily have the movie done in time.