DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Jackson Hyde/Kaldur'ahm. yeah, Johns created him and he is Black Manta's son just like in Young Justice. i remember reading somewhere that Scott Lobdell wanted to use him in Teen Titans and was denied. hopefully he'll show up soon.

2. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

Johns didn't create him. The guys who did the Young Justice show did. Johns only suggested making Black Manta his father and then imported him into the comic book.

Well he is no longer a joke anymore.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  3. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

Someone help me I actually enjoyed Vibe #1. It was basic and simple and I have seen it done dozens of times, but there was just something I liked. Perhaps its just the "I cant wait to see who pops out of the portal" promise the series has. On another note my LCS pulled the Idaho cover of JLA for me. I quickly switched it out for Vermont. The story was ok except to learn that MM listens to everyone on the planet.

4. Hound of UIster

I thought David Finch made MM genuinely creepy.

And I agree Vibe was good. I bet Gypsy is going to be part of the supporting case.

5. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Morrison talks Damian's future. Warning MAJOR SPOILERS for Batman Inc.

link

6. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

Anyone else cheer and "raise the roof" after reading that, cause I did...

7. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm sad now. But this was expected and I know Morrison will give him a good ending...sigh...but I was hoping it wasn't true. I do love that cover though :)

8. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I just hope this doesn't lead to another bout of ultra-grim, super-obsessed Batman. Because that guy is dull as dishwater.

9. Admiral_Young

I don't know if it will lead to that but I do think it will continue the current theme of Bruce being on his own. What the Joker did to the family, and now this...and Harper Row getting into the spotlight, I'm sure the books will play around with the loner Batman again. We still don't know how Batman Incorporated is going to finish.

10. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Well even though I haven't been "spoiled" yet, all this talk of spoilers basically tells me what the spoiler is. Oh well. Too bad it leaked so early.

11. Admiral_Young

Well to be fair...this had been rumoured for months now. The spoilers just confirmed it.

12. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Not spoiler coding it because thread title and I'm too lazy to use the code/don't like it. Courtesy space, though.

Ok, won't this be the SECOND Robin Bruce loses to death? (Granted the other one came back from the dead, but whatever...) And furthermore this is his SON! Even more than that this was an actual CHILD he placed in this danger. This wasn't a young teenager or anything but his own CHILD. I don't see how this COULDN'T utterly push Batman completely and totally over the edge or just out-right destroy him completely.

It'll be "interesting" to see how much they pull this off in a manner that doesn't feel cheap and like they're waving it away. And, yes, it does bring up the question on who the next Robin will be.

/END SPOILER SPACE

13. Admiral_Young

As mentioned before Harper Row has been already speculated/rumoured to be a new Robin/sidekick type character for Bruce, and yeah it'll be the second Robin (officially, but really the third since Steph's "death" was retconned). I fully expect that there will be some immediate impact on Bruce and he'll go isolated or whatever.

14. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Even though we all pretty much knew it was going to happen, that's still a colossal dick move by the New York Post.

15. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Well, it's the New York Post. ;) Anyway, I doubt its readership are big comic readers anyway. ;)

Harper Row being the next Robin would be really cool, I liked her use in the couple issues of "Batman" she was in.

On another note, in order to increase my purchases to meet the credit-card minimum a couple of weeks ago I bought an issue of Wonder Woman (#13.) I finally read it last night and actually enjoyed it. The art work for me still isn't greatly impressive but the story was good and little closer to what I was looking for in the WW comic. (Which for those first few issues just seemed to be drifting. I may check out more recent issues to see how I like them.

16. Admiral_Young

Speaking of Wed...here are my pulls:

-Aquaman #17 (Epilogue to Throne of Atlantis)
    -Batman Incorporated #8

17. Hound of UIster

Because Bruce kind of adapted himself to survive any psychological trauma. The closest he ever had to a nervous breakdown was in Infinite Crisis and that was due to War Games, OMAC Project, the Return of Jason from the dead and Dick almost getting killed. He has had much worse than this.

18. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

I have to wonder if this might be an intentional leak on Morrison's part and whether or not he's doing some sort of longer con here.

19. Admiral_Young

What kind of con? As has been discussed before, he planned to kill him before hand in the opening arc "Batman and Son". He changed his mind.

20. Hound of UIster

Batman and Son was really an outlier. If you listen to the Kevin Smith interview with Morrison, he basically admits to shooting blanks when he did that story.