Would you rather?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by IzzyAtWarp9, Jul 30, 2013.

1. PicardSpeedo

PicardSpeedo Commander Red Shirt

I would rather play Jeopardy against Spock, as he has consistently demonstrated a lack of comprehension when it comes to pop culture.

Would you rather listen to Wesley Crusher sing karaoke or Kathryn Janeway attempting opera?

2. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Wesley singing karaoke. Janeway's speaking voice was irritating enough; I can't imagine her trying to sing opera. Wesley would also be more willing to make a fool of himself, so it might be funny.

Would you rather see the TOS crew or TNG crew encounter the The Doctor and the TARDIS?

3. AgentCoop

AgentCoop Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The TNG crew. And it would be awesome.

Would you rather serve on a Klingon vessel, a Romulan vessel or a Cardassian vessel?

4. cal_nevari

cal_nevari Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Romulan but any of them would be preferable to serving on Darth Vader's ship if you screwed up in his presence.

On the holodeck, would you rather drink replicated coffee, or replicated gin?

5. AgentCoop

Replicated coffee, because I'm assuming that replicated gin would be like synthehol and I don't see the point of synthehol. Who the hell drinks booze for the taste?

Speaking of Star Wars, would you rather see the Federation fight the Empire or the Rebel Alliance fight the Dominion?

6. Bad Thoughts

Bad Thoughts Vice Admiral Admiral

The Federation fight the Empire. I'd like to see the good guys win, and I think the UFP would have a better chance than the rebels. Capital ships in Star Wars are slow, big targets, and they are seldom shown as being difference makers. Moreover, shields appear to be ineffective to non-existent. On the other side, the Jem'Hadar probably could keep up with the small starfighters, and on the ground, I think they would kick ass in close combat. (BTW, I'm ignoring any "info" about the difference s in power generation in each universe.)

Would you rather pursue a career in science on Earth or Vulcan?

7. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

Earth. They probably incorporated some of Vucan's teachings, as well as other species.

(^An army of Jem'Hadar vs an army of Wookies wouldn't completely be one sided.)

Would you rather present your ground breaking discovery to Kirk, Picard, or Janeway?

8. auntiehill

Picard. He'd have the most interest, not just for Starfleet but for science in general.

Would you rather make a ridiculously horrendous mistake in front of Kirk, Picard or Sisko?

9. AgentCoop

Picard. He'd be mad, but not disproportionately so, and he'd be less likely to embarass you about it.

Would you rather have the transporter create a double of you, or have it put you "out of phase"?

10. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

I'd rather have a double made though if that means one of me will be stranded on an alien planet for several years, I wouldn't treat him as harsh as Riker did his double. I'd pamper the hell out of him.

Would you rather perform in front of Chekov, Data, Jadzia, The Doctor, or Trip?

11. auntiehill

Er.......I'm afraid to ask, but what exactly do you mean by "perform?" :alienblush:

Oh hell, who am I kidding? Regardless of the definition, I'd probably still say Trip. :devil: But, on the other hand, I could also tell Data not to tell a soul, and he wouldn't, so in some cases, Data might be the better choice.

Would you rather have Uhura, Riker, Janeway or Trip as your Secret Santa?

12. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

Trip. He'd go more out of his way to find out what I want.

Would you rather get a gift for Kirk, Riker, Sisko, Chakotay, or Trip?

13. AgentCoop

Trip. Even if he hated it, he'd have enough decorum to pretend otherwise.

Who would you rather see as the star of an animated holiday special: Spock, Data, Odo, Seven, T'Pol or NuSpock?

14. PicardSpeedo

PicardSpeedo Commander Red Shirt

Spock, because it would be hilarious to watch him listening to mournful music and sipping lukewarm tea while the rest of the gang gets wasted and runs around with lampshades on their heads.

Would you rather pet-sit for Data's psychotic cat or undergo a Klingon pain-stik ritual?

15. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

I'm not a big fan of cats (my mother brought stray cats home when I was young that loved to scratch) but I dislike pain more. I'll just make sure Spot is fed and leave her in the quarters alone.

Would you rather be intoxicated on the Enterprise D or DS9?

16. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

DS9. Being intoxicated at Quarks looks like a fun, if expensive, experience. Plus you get to play darts with O'Brien. And listen to Morn's endless stories!

Would you rather be a young child on the Ent-D, DS9, or Voyager?

17. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Obviously you've never met a craft beer geek.

18. AgentCoop

Enterprise-D. There's other kids, school, and I always figured the kids got to have playtime on the holodeck. The only downside is the constant looming threat of death, but that's also true of DS9 and Voyager.

Would you rather get drunk with Kirk, Picard, Sisko, Janeway, Archer or NuKirk?

19. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

NuKirk. He is much better at being drunk than the rest.

Would you rather defend against invading Klingons with Kirk or NuKirk?

20. AgentCoop

Gonna go with Classic Kirk on that one, just because he's more experienced.

You're in a room with an advanced alien time bomb, who would you rather have helping you defuse it: Spock, NuSpock, Data, Seven or Dax?