Ever notice that every little thing seems to bring the Klingons...

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by John200, Apr 23, 2010.

1. John200

John200 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

to the brink of civil war? :)

I'm surprised they can function as a society.

2. NickInABox

NickInABox Captain Captain

"Who wants the last piece of targ?!"

Boom. 100 year war.

3. indolover

indolover Fleet Captain

I guess since Klingons are a warrior culture (or at least all of the society seems to serve the needs of the warrior class/caste), then fighting against Klingons is no different to fighting against aliens.

I think Klingon society is more complex than is portrayed though. not everybody can be a warrior, somebody must make Birds of Prey, or make the warrior's armour, harvest the gagh, write operas, write books and poetry, etc.

it's probably that the warrior caste/class rule the society, and they dictate how it is governed. and the aristocracy like Worf and his ancestors have a permanent place in the warrior caste. People such as Martok had to earn a place in it.

4. Admiral Shran

Admiral Shran Admiral Admiral

^ That's pretty much how Klingon society was portrayed on ENT. Not every Klingon is a warrior, but the warrior caste is the ruling party.

5. Tyjos Azari

Tyjos Azari Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Yeah...I mean...

"Who drank the last bottle of Bloodwine??!!!!"

-Klingons start fighting over it...

LOL

You got to wonder about those Klingons....

6. sbk1234

sbk1234 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I figured that by TNG, they had been fairly well "neutered" by circumstance, including peace with the Federation. I always thought they were somewhat desperate to get into the fight - any fight - again, so they're probably ready to jump at any provocation.

7. Spork111

Spork111 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I remember Rick Berman remarking that he didn't understand how those guys could run a car factory, much less an interstellar empire. For once, I wholeheartedly agree with him.:lol: I'm glad that Enterprise showed a different side to their culture in "Judgment", and even implied that the warriors hadn't always ran the show.

8. Vonstadt

Vonstadt Captain Captain

Madison Square Garden : Let's Go Rangers!
    Kinda why I liked the Empire in TOS a little better. A little more Military Dictatorship and a lot less "Viking brawling raiding dueling houses" thing.

I dunno watching Kor set up his governorship seemed to be a tad more efficent then what we were shown later on. I was amazed that they even reached a point where they achieved warp drive. *chuckle* I mean the maniac ruling class takes offense at every little thing.

Lord help the lower classes...teachers, scientists, engineers...etc. You know the folks that built the fleet for their warrior rulers

Vons

9. GeorgeKirk

GeorgeKirk Commodore Commodore

Yeah, Ron Moore always gets so much credit for "developing" the Klingons, when all he really did was turn them into a easily-caricatured monoculture. The Klingons we saw in TUC were so much more believable.