Dallas - Season 2

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Agent Richard07, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I was thinking about J.R.'s line about it being his greatest plan ever (or something close to that)

Perhaps J.R. learned he was dying of something inoperable, and arranged to have himself killed, and fabricated evidence to link his death to Cliff Barnes.

And Jon Ross learns of it, and instead blackmails Pamela into supporting him at Ewing Energies so Cliff isn't arrested.

I could just see J.R. taking one last shot at Cliff, and Jon Ross messing that up for his own interests.

2. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Yeah, J.R. got a pretty decent send-off. I thought they were going to just not have him around anymore, then explain that he was killed.

3. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

You ain't kidding...

4. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

In other news:

The first season of the reboot is now available to stream on Netflix Instant.

5. cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles A GODDAMN DELIGHT Moderator

This image was posted on the show's Facebook page this morning:

[​IMG]

Left to right: Cliff, Ray, Mandy Winger, Sue Ellen, Bobby, Cally, Lucy, and Gary.

6. Caligula

Caligula Vice Admiral Admiral

Very beautiful and real emotion from Linda Gray and Patrick Duffy in tonight's episode. The slow, mournful version of the "Dallas" theme was a nice touch, as well.

7. cardinal biggles

Beautifully handled all the way around. Nice to see old faces back again at the party. Excellent performances from Linda Gray and Patrick Duffy. Jesse Metcalfe even manged to not annoy me this week. And what a setup for the rest of the season... hot damn! :D

8. Agent Richard07

Agreed about the episode. They really delivered and the intro was especially a nice touch.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDleFg-e2qc[/yt]

I was expecting a "Larry Hagman, 1931 - 2012" at the end of that intro, but no matter, it was still great.

Again, nice to see a lot of familiar faces, and they even did a few "best J.R. lines". ;)

9. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

My two favorite things about the episode:

-It implies that at some point J.R. sat and down and said to himself "Before I die I'm settling everybody's hash once and for all. Every single person that ever messed with a Ewing or a friend of a Ewing is going DOWN." That will be a masterpiece.

-Best performance contest goes to Patrick Duffy, hands down, who spent most of the episode just PISSED and let Anne know why, at least part of it. I think the rest was summed up in his final words: How can Bobby be "the good son" if the bad son is gone? Fantastic!

Low points, as usual, involve the children. John Ross is still a whiny pissant. Anne's daughter hasn't been on the ranch ten minutes and already she's boinking Ewing men. Jordana Brewster was wasted this episode.

And an aside: Both Jerry Jones and Marc Cuban attended J.R.'s funeral??? Was the owner of the Dallas Stars not available?

Phenomenal episode all around!

10. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I was hoping for a little more tribute and a little less plot. But what they did was still brilliant. I thought they did a fabulous tribute to the character. Loved the way Bobby admitted that JR often did what needed to be done that no one else would do. Loved the way Lucy said that now when she looked back on it Jr seemed more honest than evil. Everyone gave fantastic performances. I could really feel the pain and anger coming off of John Ross. And I like how they are using Anne's daughter. I also liked Christopher trying to reach out to John Ross. Loved Bobby telling off Anne :lol:

I hope a lot of viewers turned in to see the funeral and got sucked in by this great episode .

11. Keith1701

Keith1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Last episode was great, but I will still miss J.R.

12. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

We'll all miss J.R., but we won't be saying "I miss him, and they gave him such a crappy send off!" We miss him, and his send off is setting up friggin' ARMAGEDDON for the rest of the season!

13. cardinal biggles

The story arc they've set up for the remainder of the season is the best possible tribute to J.R. John Ross has a line in the preview for next week's episode that I absolutely loved: "My father's dead and buried, and we're all still working for him!" :D

14. Agent Richard07

^ :lol:

Mark Cuban is playing himself in a lot of stuff these days. I recently saw him on Necessary Roughness and Entourage as well.

15. Caligula

Caligula Vice Admiral Admiral

I'd argue that it's Christopher who is the whiny pissant. John Ross has an excuse this week, considering his daddy is dead. Emma just came from a situation where her every move was being watched and controlled. I'm not at all shocked that she was getting high and screwing John Ross... because her grandmother and father aren't there to keep her from doing those things. It was she who was "wasted." ;) Elena was definitely underused, though, and this subplot with her and her brother is not going to do much to help with that.

16. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

^ Was she getting high, or were those the pills mother & son Bates have been giving her?

17. cardinal biggles

I'm pretty sure those are the pills that Mother and Norman... I mean Judith and Harris... gave her. IIRC, they're an anti-anxiety medication.

18. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

Which would get you mellow, not high I would reckon, though she was probably slamming down as much booze as everybody else seemed to that day and she took a swig from John Ross's bottle. So maybe not high but most assuredly plastered.

But Christopher is more the goody-two-shoes cousin in the dynamic, and given who raised him his reactions to events can be considered normal. John Ross, by comparison has always been a pissant, and given who his daddy was he should have outgrown that crap ages ago. Yes, this week he had an excuse. How do you explain pretty much the rest of the series?

I'm not surprised, just disappointed that the writers couldn't wait an episode before having her spread her legs for a Ewing. It was an unneeded diversion from the rest of the awesomeness that was this episode.

Agreed! :D

Which is too bad because Jordana's the only one of the young'uns I like without reservation.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
  19. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I find her so painfully skinny it's hard to look at her. :(

20. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

^^^I like her eyebrows. :shrug: