The Dark Knight Rises Anticipation Station

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JacksonArcher, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

When Gotham is ashes, You have my permission to die."- Bane

Where are you?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

you forgot the screen cap towards the beginning with that dolly shot of the crowd with the hands over their hearts during the anthem.

*EDIT

Ah nevermind there it is.

3. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

What are they singing? Is it English?

It seems to me Bruce Wayne and other rich people of Gotham are put to a prison by Bane?

4. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

So is it me or is Bruce Wayne in prison? The part when he asks what the chanting means, and the old guy that isn't Alfred says "Rise".

Would make sense for Bane to bring down Wayne and the Batman after deducing they were the same person.

5. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Pretty badass trailer. And Bane sounds a lot better as well.

6. Samurai8472

THIS IS GOTHAM! GOTHAM! THIS IS GOTHAM! GOTHAM!

Bane inspires the people to take control of their city.

Leaked audio had Hardy rehearsing the "Take control of your city" line.

7. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh this might be interesting. In TDK Bruce put all his faith into the people of Gotham (the ferry scene) and now the people destroy the city?

8. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

No doubt inspired by Bane as Sammy stated.

9. Samurai8472

Yep

Yeah. The rich get dragged out of their homes too.

10. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes, yes we are...at least on internet forums.
    And really, to clarify, I wouldn't say I don't like it but feel it's being treated as way more than it is.

To answer Jackson, do I really think it would have completed effects, no. So then why show a sequence that could give off an iffy first impression? Marvel seems to have learned that lesson with the first Iron Man footage and since then not shown imagery that wasn't up to par. Warners showed off sub par GL footage and never really recovered. I work in at IT oriented department and the non-online geeks down here aren't gushing over it the way the internet is. That's why I think it's fair to ask: What does Joe Q Public who isn't on internet message boards taking away from a trailer with bad vocals and iffy f/x?

11. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

So Bane is the Occupy movement but with a bigger set of balls and better hygiene?

12. Samurai8472

Hell yeah and no CGI to make the crowd bigger!

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKhB2ooH7nA[/YT]

13. Captain Craig

I suppose since both are misguided and wrong about how to handle things. Not to mention the real bad guys.

14. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

@Captain Craig have you seen the prologue or the trailer? If the answer is no then I don't understand why you would be posting about the concerns others who have without formulating your own opinion about said effects.

The trailer is being treated as a big deal because it is. It is the finale of a highly successful trilogy that also happens to be one of the most anticipated films of a year loaded with blockbusters. It has an amazing cast who fans are eager to see. Bane in particular is someone who was not used correctly in the one live action film he was used in and from all indications it would seem he will be used faithfully in "The Dark Knight Rises". It is quite fine if people don't like it or have a differing opinion than those of us who are genuinely excited about the film.

Also I have friends who I guess would come into "Joe Q Public" status and they're genuinely excited for the film as well.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2011
  15. Captain Craig

^^^
    Trailer yes, Prologue only the last few seconds. I was late getting into MI:4 Saturday night.
    It does seem there is a consensus though that the cgi is spotty and Bane needs vocal work. Will those corrections happen. Absolutely. The question is why release it and have people get an iffy first impression? Well those who aren't on Team Nolan anyway.

If I sound as if I'm coming off harsh it's not intentional. I'm not even blaming Nolan, I'm blaming Warners marketing. Why put out something that doesn't fully sell the hype that is this movie to the fullest extent?

16. Aeon

Aeon Commander Red Shirt

Yeah, I noticed that too. There are a lot of people in the background so I guess it's not the Batcave.

17. TheBrew

TheBrew Vice Admiral Admiral

Wait, did you just call the Occupy movement "bad guys"?

:wtf:

18. Captain Craig

Yep, I'm part of their 99% and I see nothing redeeming about them.
    They are all over the place, not concise in what it is they think they are trying to accomplish.
    They are a mob out of control.

19. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

I though that it also was Bruce in prison.. however, it looks like a flashback to a moment we didn't see when he was imprisoned abroad just before Begins starts. I think the chanting originates there, demons from the past crop again in Gotham.

20. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My MI:4 screen didn't have the prologue which I was totally bummed about.