World Premiere/Advance screening discussions [SPOILERS GUARANTEED]

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by M'Sharak, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

As it should be. :)

2. Kelso

Kelso Vice Admiral Admiral

On the destruct button until the last minute!
    Do we get to see the Enterprise launching from the surface?

Do we get to see any Klingon ships?

Does the film open with the attack on the Kelvin? Or is there something before it?

Does the film open with a TWOK style In the 23rd Century... or something similar?

What are the opening credits like?

3. SiddFinch1

SiddFinch1 Captain Captain

Thanks for the spoilers. Not the answer I wanted to hear, as I always kinda thought starfleet academy in the tos era was 4 years, then serve, then go back for a command school graduate type program,

4. Kokomo

Kokomo Commander Red Shirt

Could someone who saw the movie tell me what Kirk and Spock's first encounter with each other is like?

Thanks!

5. Captain Robert April

Captain Robert April Vice Admiral Admiral

:cool:

6. Captain Robert April

Captain Robert April Vice Admiral Admiral

Dennis, do you have a clue how the military -- ANY MILITARY -- operates?

7. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Spock is in a classroom and looks up as Kirk enters. It goes to slow motion and the song "Lady in Red" starts playing.

8. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

:guffaw:

Well, at least they're being true to canon.

9. Neftoon

Neftoon Lieutenant Red Shirt

Kirk asks to face his accuser at the hearing over the kobayashi maru, and spock comes down and they then argue. Oh then lady in red starts playing :) but it is a good scene.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2009
  10. Neftoon

Do we get to see the Enterprise launching from the surface? No we don't

Do we get to see any Klingon ships? Yes, although only via a viewscreen, and they aren't "real" as such.

Does the film open with the attack on the Kelvin? Or is there something before it? Yes it opens with the attack on the Kelvin, great place to start it as well.

Does the film open with a TWOK style In the 23rd Century... or something similar? To be honest I can't remember, at that stage I was just fairly excited at seeing the Kelvin.

What are the opening credits like? Short and sweet, they leave all the credits till the end with a wonderful tip of the hat to Alexander Courage, and TOS.

11. Neftoon

Do we see any Klingon ships in the film? I heard Nero destroys quite a lot of them at one point.
    You see a few, don't remember Nero destroying any though, at least not on screen

Is Kirk's boarding the Enterprise his first time in space? (not counting when he was born on the shuttle).
    I'm sure he would have been taken up at somepoint in his starfleet training, he doesn't mention in dialogue if it's his first time, but it is the first time he's seen the enterprise in space.
    Is the starship he sees in Iowa the Enterprise or not?
    Yes, as the shuttle takes off as the scene fades you see 1701.
    Are Kirk and Spock classmates at the academy?
    No.

Does Nero attack Earth? Yes.

12. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Commodore Commodore

Is there any more wide shots of the Enterprise under construction other then the shot with Kirk looking up at her in the trailer? I know he has to go to the construction site to get the shuttle, but I thought maybe they just had close up shots of Kirk walking around, so you may not actually see the ship.

13. Neftoon

No that's pretty much it, other then that there are parts in the background of shots but nothing major, at least not that I consider major.

14. NiteTrek

NiteTrek Captain

1) Are the 800 people that George Kirk saves all from the Kelvin?

2) Does it mention how many crew members are aboard the Enterprise?

3) Are there any other Starships seen or mentioned which are the same class as the Enterprise?

4) Do we get to see the shuttlebay of the Enterprise and any shuttles entering/leaving?

5) Are the barcode scanners at the waitress stations explained in any way? For that matter, what exactly is the purpose of the waitress stations on the bridge?

15. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

I'd like to know that myself. Presume that Orci and Kurtzman stuck with canon and the Kelvin incident and Kirk's birth take place in 2233, if Kirk is about 25 when he comes on board the Enterprise, that would make it around 2258, which is four years after the Talos incident in OUR universe.

Hopefully, someone who's seen the film will chime in with this.

16. Neftoon

I don't remember a year being mentioned only stardates.

17. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Thank you. Can you tell me if they mention that there are other ships the same class as the Enterprise, or is she supposed to the first of her kind in this universe? And this is a long shot, do we see any antique NX class starships?

18. Neftoon

No NX ships, although I do like that "Enterprise" is the only show that remains unchanged with this movie, I do remember that the Enterprise is about to go out for the first time, but can't remember if they mention if she is the first of that class of vessel, maybe Iano's memory is better then mine.

19. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Thanks, Neftoon! I'm still four weeks away from being able to see it.

20. Iano

Iano Lieutenant Red Shirt

I just remember that the Enterprise was brand new, dunno if her class was brand new. You'd think a brand new class of ship would need some shakedown time though... and not go straight into a battle situation.