Donny's TOS Enterprise Interiors

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Donny, May 9, 2013.

1. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Re: TOS Enterprise Interiors -- Unreal 3 Engine

:eek: :drool: :techman:

2. feek61

feek61 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Donny that friggin' looks AMAZING!!! Great work, I can't wait to see more. That is just fabulous!!!

3. Ptrope

Ptrope Agitator Admiral

Crap, that's just all kinds of cool :bolian:

4. Ziz

Ziz Commodore Commodore

Looks fantastic but there is one very minor detail you forgot...

http://tos.trekcore.com/hd/albums/3x05hd/isthereintruthnobeautyhd0613.jpg

Centered over the viewscreen is a flat trapezoidal panel on the ceiling arch. You can see a bit of it in the top left corner of the screen grab. I'm sure there's a better shot of it somewhere else in the series but this is the only shot that came to mind that I knew what episode it was from.

5. Donny

Donny Commodore Commodore

You are correct. I knew that piece was there but forgot to model it! An easy fix though.

6. Racer_X

Racer_X Commander Red Shirt

Very impressive! Having built the TOS bridge in Google SketchUp years ago, I know how much work that goes into this. Great job!

7. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

Speechless, I am. Wow.

8. Ensign Ro-

Ensign Ro- Commander Red Shirt

That is truly some astounding work! Love, love, love it!

9. CDR6

CDR6 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Not just wow, but holy (bleep)in WOW!!!

10. Patrickivan

Patrickivan Fleet Captain Newbie

well done!

11. Robert Comsol

Robert Comsol Commodore Commodore

After seeing this I WANT TO HAVE AN INTELLIGENT AND CHALLENGING TOS VIDEO GAME - ASAP :brickwall: (will somebody please notify Hideo Kojima).

Excellent and passionate work. :techman:

Looking at the viewscreen and the ship's chronometer I see the influence of TOS-R (but hopefully not when you get to the shuttlebay?!).

I have to admit that I haven't paid attention to all of Kirk's button pushing on his Bridge chair. Was the third one always for "Jettison Pod" or was it only mission-specific in "Court-Martial"?
    I seem to remember a couple of episodes he pushed this one for intercom purposes (but I could be wrong).

Bob

12. Donny

Well, the ultimate goal is to provide a setting for said "intelligent and challenging TOS video game", but who knows if I can accomplish that on my own. I want to recruit a team of people that can help with that goal, so if anyone has any relevant skills (character modeling, animation, and scripting) and is willing to help out, please PM me.

My use of TOS-R is going to minimal. The view screen image above is just a placeholder, but I do like the TOS-R chronometer. The Shuttlebay? I will definitely be going with the original version. No way I would put something as ugly as the TOS-R shuttlebay into the project :rolleyes:

As for the command chair buttons, as far as I know the only time we see the labels up close was in Court Martial, so that's what I'm going with. I'm sure Shatner pushed buttons arbitrarily in other episodes, but I won't go so far as to try to reconcile this discrepancy.

13. wildstar

wildstar Commander Red Shirt

As for a "intelligent and challenging TOS video game", I know it's old, but track down 25th Anniversary. Or if you're looking for a FPS, check out the TOS mod for Elite Force at SpaceStationK7. They only got a teaser finished, but it's damned cool.

14. Donny

My favorites!

15. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Amazing work! :bolian:

16. Robert Comsol

Thanks, I'm glad to hear that.:beer:

Yes, that was the only time we saw the labels up close. I'm just wondering if the button was permanently assigned to the "Jettison Pod" function. If you look close, you can see that the "Jettison" function seems fixed, but "Pod" seems somehow attached or to be part of a function select wheel ("< Pod >") of some kind. With a digital ship's chronometer that button may have a diffent function for each mission.

If memory serves the last button was usually used for shipwide intercom address (captain to crew). I'm not sure what the button right ahead of it was usually used for (log recordings?). Alternately, by pushing it, you might change the function of the middle button ("Jettison Pod" > "Jettison (Recorder) Marker" > "Jettison Probe" > "Jettison Nacelles" > "Jettison (Engineering) Core" and/or "Record Log" > "Coffee to the Bridge" etc.). ;)

Bob

Last edited: May 13, 2013
  17. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Funny thingf about that screen capture... If you'll notice, "Kirk" is pressing the button with his middle finger. It almost looks like the "ring" finger, but if you look closely, that digit, like the "pinky" is fully curled.

Now, I'm sure it was just coincidence, but if you want to apply "in story" metaphor, one can reason Finney wanted to drive home the idea Kirk gave Finney's career and life the "middle finger".

Sincerely,

Bill

18. blssdwlf

blssdwlf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

19. Robert Comsol

@ Redfern

:rofl: That's really an interesting idea. On the other finger...cough...hand Kirk should have noticed this little detail during his court martial or he really uses his finger to "jettison" stuff (You are "jettisoned"!).

@ blssdwlf

Good catch! Wouldn't such reflections be perfectly compatible with the surface of an iPad and therefore suggest we are actually looking at a display rather than a "sticker"?

Bob

20. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

First-rate work! :bolian: