True Blood SEASON 7

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by teacake, Jun 23, 2014.

1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's because Bill is DYING. He needs a shag. She is just a very giving woman.

2. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

Two words: Drama queen.

3. teacake

Yeah :lol:

Watching that scene where they are lying in bed together talking about how they felt when the first met and blah blah I thought "this really is Days of our Lives".

What's the deal with the void baby?

4. 3chordboy

3chordboy Commander Red Shirt

i took that as being Bill realising he will never be able to give Sookie what she wants and their life together would be an empty one.

5. teacake

I pity any baby of Sookie's. How many daddys would it have before it was 3? And of course the possible tasty morselness of it.

6. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

A good writer will do horrible things to their characters and make their characters do equally horrible things... A hack handling the sequel, or subsequent episodes will reverse everything interesting to make the hero more heroic and less interesting.

7. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

^^ Luckily, there are many great writers who disagree with that. :rommie:

Now Pam has threatened to commit suicide if Eric dies. How much longer before he realizes that they are soullessmates?

And Hoyt gets to save the day. Go, Hoyt. I sense a return of his memory soon.

8. teacake

Weren't Pam and Eric a thing like a hundred years ago? I'm pretty sure that was the case. I'm not seeing any romantic tension here, and really I think they might happily do it if needs be. They don't need big romance, they have been together forever.

9. RJDiogenes

I remember that he met her when she was a prostitute, but I don't remember them having a thing. It seems to me that it's always been an unrequited thing for Pam and that it's been getting more intense this season.

10. Guy Gardener

Isn't it odd that we are so eager to see a father and daughter "do it"?

11. teacake

I don't feel like there's any unrequited anything. IF they want to do it, they would. Eric isn't Bill with all his gentleman's angst.

12. Guy Gardener

"Bill" has a lot more nuance when he's acting with his British accent.

I really liked him in Ny-Lon.

13. teacake

What was the rice that was being served at Bellefleurs that some didn't like? I played it back and played it back and could not catch it.

Hoyt and Jessica. Really quite romantic.

When Pam was almost being killed I was thinking if Pam dies I will hate Sookie Stackhouse forever.

They should have all realized that Sarah would tell them that Sookie and the gang had been there.

14. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

15. teacake

OH thanks!! I had not heard of that very interesting!

16. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Is next week really the finale?? :wtf:

17. teacake

omg it is!

This season has been better in some places than previous ones, very nice shots and music and other notable things.

Still so much waste, what is the point of starting these characters on new relationships at this late point? Who cares? Okay get Hoyt back with Jessica if you want but who cares if Arlene finds yet another man and if Jason gets another girl? Neither of those things have anything to do with advancing the storyline. Hoyt could have come back without a girlfriend and gotten with Jessica.

18. Shanndee

Shanndee Commodore Commodore

Agreed. It seems like they are trying to wrap it up with "happy" endings for whichever characters they decide not to kill.

I would have preferred to see more attention paid to a plot for the existing characters, not the introduction of new ones we won't have time to learn about.

Oh well. One more episode. Here's hoping that Pam and Eric make the "decide not to kill" list! (and that Sookie ends up on the other list).

I kid, I kid! (Maybe...)

19. teacake

It's pretty shitty because it's the finale for a 7 year run and yet there is nothing anyone is wondering about. Okay maybe some people are wondering about Bill, will he get over himself, but otherwise zero dramatic tension. For me it's just another episode where I hope there is more Pam and Eric and less Sookie.

20. RJDiogenes

It seems like they want to give Jason a real girlfriend in time for the finale, but it's not very convincing-- although it is amusing that she's another ex from Hoyt. Same with Lafayette, though not quite as bad. But it's nice to see Jessica and Hoyt back together again.

Eric was certainly being Mr Nice Guy. The near-true-death experience must have changed him.

I can't tell if they've wrapped up Sam's story or not. It seemed a bit anticlimactic.